Save image and motion detection

Good day all!,

First time here and first time using HA. I have watched a few tuts and read some topics on here but none seem to fit the bill, or cover the topic so forgive me if I have missed a thread.

I have an esp32 cam through esphome into an entity card (live stream showing so that’s a start).

I would like to “snap” a picture and store that somewhere (either locally or ftp somewhere), based on motion in the image. The esp32 cam will be a doorbell project with a button and then motion as an evening automation as I don’t want to be waken up by a moth, but do want to see if there is anything there in the morning.

As a newb to HA (and DIY home automation) I look forward to being part of the community, and any info will be gratefully received.

J

1 Like

I have just been tackling something very similar but am a little bit further down the road than you by the sounds of it.

I found this video to be very helpful.

His next video handles notifications

Thanks for quick reply, I shall watch.

1 Like

way to advanced for my needs this. I will put a PIR sensor on it to set as trigger and then use camera.snapshot (just come across this) will this work peeps?

J

1 Like