Scene editor slows Firefox to a crawl

HA 0.103.0
RPi4 4GB
32 GB Sdcard (UHS2)
Firefox 72.0b7

The new scene editor is a great new promise for the future.
My problem seems to arise when I select a lot of devices.
I want to create a ‘cleaning’ scene, which will turn all the relevant lights to 100% and set the color to white. This will make the cleaning of the rooms much easier.

That’s a lot of lights, and as soon as I select more than about 20, firefox becomes unresponsive.
I also experienced that it didn’t just create one scene, it had 20 scenes with the same name all of the sudden.
There is no problem if I edit the scenes.yml file manually, and set the brightness and colors in the yml file.
So it’s not the ‘execution’ of the scene that fails, merely the editor.

1 Like

Not really helpful for your issue, but why not use groups for the lights?

1 Like

IMHO, Scenes are better than groups for things like this. Sure, you can create a group and then set the properties of it, but a scene is a single call to set lights and switches to a predefined value. I use scenes much more than I use groups simply because it’s easier than using the light.turn_on syntax. Plus, I’ve noticed that with scenes, there seems to be a faster response than with groups. It could totally be my own perception, but when I activate a scene, all the devices in said scene seem to activate faster than calling light.turn_on with a group.

1 Like

I meant more instead of adding 20 single bulbs to the scene, add groups of bulbs to the scene.

1 Like

Ohhhhh!!! I see what you mean. Sorry about that!

Yeah, good point.

2 Likes

Hi @Burningstone
That would circumvent the problem partly. The whole thing about using the scene, is that the lights, which have different properties, can be set to specific values.
But thankyou for the suggestion, I do have the scene defined the way I want, my report was more about the scene editor.

1 Like

Understood, that makes sense then.

1 Like