Scenes does not trigger SWITCH if it thinks it had already been triggered

Hello!

I have a small problem, that makes HA really anoying. I have a scene called “Turn On TV” that activates Broadlink transmitter and turns on TV and Tuner and scene “Turn Off TV” which does the exact opposite of course.
The thing is if I for example use scene “Turn On TV” and then I MANUALLY turn off tv or tuner, and the I use the scene “Turn On TV” again it won’t turn any of the mentioned devices, because it thinks it is already turned on.

Is there some way how to make HA trigger these switches everytime even though it seems for HA it had already been turned on?

I’ve tried changing assumed_state to false and it didn’t help.

Thank you so much in advanced.

SCENES.yaml

id: '1608597642179'
  name: Turn on TV
  entities:
    switch.tuner_tv:
      friendly_name: Tuner TV
      assumed_state: false
      state: 'on'
    switch.bfs:
      friendly_name: BFS
      state: 'off'
    switch.television:
      friendly_name: Television
  icon: hass:television
- id: '1608641372738'
  name: Turn off TV
  entities:
    switch.tuner_tv:
      friendly_name: Tuner TV
    switch.bfs:
      friendly_name: BFS
    switch.television:
      friendly_name: Television
  icon: hass:television

SWITCH.yaml

switches:
      - name: Television
        command_on: JgAsAFobERsQDRANERsfDRANEA0RDBENEA0QDRANEQwRDBENEA0fDRAcEA0QAA0FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
        command_off: JgAsAFobERsQDRANERsfDRANEA0RDBENEA0QDRANEQwRDBENEA0fDRAcEA0QAA0FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
      - name: Tuner TV    
        command_on: JgBUAE0UExMnExQTJhMUEycTJxMTExQTExQTEycAA0tOExMTJxMTFCYUExMnEyYUExMUExMUExMmAANMTRQTEyYUExMnExQTJhMnExQTFBMTExMUJgANBQAAAAA=
        command_off: JgBmAE4TJhQmFCUVExMmFCYUExQSFRIUJhQSFBMUExQSFBIAAsZNFCYUJRUlFRIUJhQlFRIUExQTFCUVEh

There are multiple ways to do this. One is you create a script with call service “remote.send”. Unlike the switches it wont have a problem with turn on one after another. Then you can call this script from the scene or use the script itself. The script will look like this.

alias: Turn on TV
mode: single
sequence:
  - service: remote.send_command
    data:
      entity_id: remote.rm_pro_remote
      command: >-
        b64:JgAsAFobERsQDRANERsfDRANEA0RDBENEA0QDRANEQwRDBENEA0fDRAcEA0QAA0FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  - delay: '00:00:01'
  - service: remote.send_command
    data:
      command: >-
        b64:JgBUAE0UExMnExQTJhMUEycTJxMTExQTExQTEycAA0tOExMTJxMTFCYUExMnEyYUExMUExMUExMmAANMTRQTEyYUExMnExQTJhMnExQTFBMTExMUJgANBQAAAAA

The other method is a bit comlicated. If you cant make the above work, i can tell you that.

Oh right! Could’ve think of that myself…
Thank you very much sir, everything works perfectly now.

Additional question, what exactly does “assumed_state” do? Because I could not see any difference between false/true setting.

As i understand assumed_state and friendly names are not state attributes but customizable parameters. The scenes only support state and its attributes. That is why this didnt work. You might be able to make your scene work if you change the assumed_state to true in entity customization tab. But no guarantees.