Scenes not exposed to Google Assistant

Hi Guys,

First off, I am a newbie on Home Assistant.

My Home Assistant is on Home Assistant Cloud, Google Assistant is activated and 276 entities including scenes are exposed to Google Assistant, In Google Home I have linked Home Assistant Cloud by Nabu Casa. When I hit “Check for new devices” everything seams to work great, but I am not seeing any scenes in the available “devices”. I see my thermostats, plugs, lights and some sensors, but no scenes.

I have reloaded, I have restarted, I have tried overriding the UI by adding to the config (With no luck) and have unlinked and linked a couple of times. I am getting stuck here.

Anyone experience this or have a suggestion?

1 Like

Scenes aren’t devices. They show as scripts

Where would I be able to see these scripts?

1. Voice commands don’t work at all (See attached). When i use google assist and type in “Master bedroom (light) light” it will turn on the light, but if i type in “master bedroom on” as you see in my alias, another light by the name “master bedroom (light over the bed) light” is turned on.

2. If i type in “scene off” (My alias for the scene “Master Bedroom (OFF)” I get “Sorry, I don’t understand”

It might be me not understanding what is up and down?

you say activate
you also can’t turn a scene off - must activate another scene
They are seem to no longer be listed - they were previously. You can see them under actions if you add an automation but they work as per above.

I am aware that I can’t activate and deactivate scenes. I trigger them and I have both an ON and an OFF for each of my scenes, for example, living room on and living room off.

Follow up / SOLVED

After a lot of research and trial & error, i figured out devices are exposed and shown in devices in Google Home, and scenes are only shown when you add an action in a routine in Google Home.

So far, so good.

But even though I would add a trigger like “Kitchen Lights On”, it would not work … Instead Google Home would turn on a device called Kitchen Lights Zone 1 or something simular.

I then removed all devices from Expose to Google Assistant in HA so that I only had my scenes and now, since Google could no more match with a random device it works.

Note. Don’t use () in the names of devices or scenes exposed to Google, they will not show with the correct name.

I’m pretty sure that’s what I told you

Given there is no on/off for scenes that would be a neat trick

I don’t need an “off” for a scene as that isn’t logical, but it would be nice if they appeared on the Google Home dashboard as activators.