Scenes not working properly after upgrade from 0.100.3 to 0.101.2

Hassio 0.100.3 working perfectly. Decided to take a snapshot and upgrade to 0.101.2 and the upgrade worked OK. Only problem is my scenes stopped working properly. The light comes on but the transition to 30% doesn’t work anymore.

I tried rewriting scenes etc. even considered not using them and adding the lines to the automations directly but that was a pain so I have gone back to 0.100.3 for now.

Any ideas?

This is an example of one of the scenes that doesn’t transition.

- name: dining_30
    entities:
      light.dining_room_lamp:
        state: on
        brightness_pct: 30
        transition: 3

Thanks for the advice:) It is a shame as it was working lovely. I’ll have a look at scripts instead.

So aparently you cannot use the same service data attributes as in the ‘light’ domain anymore. I was very happy using both ‘brightness_pct’ and ‘transition’.

But how do you integrate a script into a scene?

/KBrygger

Hi Kaspar,

I have ditched all my scenes now and rewritten them as scripts that I call from my automations.

Mark

I moved my scenes to scripts and then just replaced the contents of the scene with the script:

Scenes:

- name: Movie
  entities:
    script.movie_lights: on

Scripts:

'movie_lights':
  alias: Movie Lights
  sequence:
  - data:
      entity_id: switch.movie
    service: switch.turn_on
  - data:
      brightness_pct: 75
      color_name: blue
      entity_id: light.living_room_color_lights
      transition: 5
    service: light.turn_on

But how do you integrate a script into a scene?

You dont.

You delete the scene and write a script instead.

So where you were specifying states in the scene (like state: on for a particular light) in the script you have to specify services (like light.turn_on for the light you want on).

have a look here 0.101: Airly, Apprise, Sinch, Solar-Log, Microsoft Teams and read on downwards on a discussion about this with HA founder Balloob

Not sure which version it started (0.100+ i think) but my scenes no longer work at all. So i thought (as i only really use two) i would just move to the new Scene Editor to keep things “native”.

However i can’t see most of my entities in the pick list. No switches at all! And only two lights showing!

Is there a limitation on the domains valid for the new editor? Any ideas why this scene would suddenly stop working:

- name: All Off
    entities:
      light.dining_room_outer:
        state: 'off'
      light.dining_room_table:
      light.downstairs_hall:
      light.front_door:
      light.hall_downstairs:
      light.kitchen_inner:
      light.kitchen_outer:
      light.main_light:
      light.outside:
      switch.bedroom_lamp:
      switch.outdoor_lights:
      switch.standing_lamp:

Any ideas?

Hi

I am relatively new to home assistant but have my place set up fairly well. I understand changes were made to the scenes editor implementation, but I also cannot use the editor anymore because only 6 “devices” are available in the device drop down : my phone, my Sonos speakers and my hone built esp8622 “devices”. None of my commercial lights and switches are available (lutron and some other wifi plugs etc)

However these entities/devices are available everywhere else (scripts, automations etc)

Basically scenes are now unusable and broken even if I try to use the editor as intended.

Am I missing something obvious or is this a bug ?

Thanks
Al

They should be listed under entities if they are not under devices. Mine are.

Thanks for the reply David

Have a look at the screen capture for new scene creation. I only have the option to add a device. Are you saying you have another drop down for entities ??
Thanks
Al

Yep.

Ok thanks for that. I tried on iwindows, iPad and iPhone and entities does not show up - bizarre ! Reinstalling HA and will see before and after I restore if I get the entities back

Thanks
Al

Which version of ha? I’m on 0.103.6

Hi David

I just did a fresh reinstall of 3.7 directly from website for raspberry pi 3 / 32 bit

HA is version 0.103.6 same as yours

I did not make any additions or load up any backups yet. No errors in system lig

I still have no entities drop down…

I am stumped

Al

I’ll just fire up my other machine with a VM on it running HassOS and see what I can see there. Will report back soon.

ok my VM shows it as well

Thanks for trying David

I guess I will use scripts for now. Very strange

Al

In Configuration.yaml do you have:

scene: !include scenes.yaml

Does scenes.yaml exist? (in same folder as configuration.yaml)