Scenes won't activate?

I’m having trouble getting my scenes to activate with just some simple lights. I configure a scene in in the config file, and it shows up on the States page. When I click “Activate” to activate the scene, it does nothing, though I get the message on the GUI that the scene turned on. I thought maybe I needed an automation, so I threw together a quick automation. The trigger didn’t matter as I was going to trigger manually from the GUI…again…no joy. I’m not getting any errors when I restart HASS. Here’s the log entries form var/log/syslog when I try to activate the scene, and below that are the snippets from my configuration.yaml file. Any help would be appreciated. I’ve got an Alexa skill written and running, and now I want to get it to activate scenes for me.

Oct 21 02:44:55 raspberrypi hass[541]: INFO:homeassistant.components.http:Serving /api/services/homeassistant/turn_on to 192.168.1.1 (auth: True)
Oct 21 02:44:55 raspberrypi hass[541]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: service=turn_on, service_call_id=3051870160-23, service_data=entity_id=scene.testingstuff, domain=homeassistant>
Oct 21 02:44:55 raspberrypi hass[541]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: service=turn_on, service_call_id=3051870160-24, service_data=entity_id=['scene.testingstuff'], domain=scene>
Oct 21 02:44:55 raspberrypi hass[541]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_executed[L]: service_call_id=3051870160-24>
Oct 21 02:44:55 raspberrypi hass[541]: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event service_executed[L]: service_call_id=3051870160-23>

automation:
      - alias: Testing Scenes
        initial_state: True
        hide_entity: False
        trigger:
          - platform: sun
            event: sunset
        action:
          service: scene.turn_on
          entity_id: scene.testingstuff

###########################################################
    # Scenes
    ###########################################################

scene:
      - name: testingstuff
        entites:
          light.door:
            state: on
            transition: 1
            xy_color: [0.6621,0.3023]
            brightness: 255

(Sigh). Hours. Hours spent debugging, surfing the net, trying different things. Only to find that I misspelled “entities”. Now I remember why I decided not to be a programmer all those years ago :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Top work! Nothing like the feeling of relief/embarrassment when you find that it’s your spelling not your programming :blush: :slight_smile:

Don’t beat yourself up too much, I wish I had a nickel for every time I spelled it ‘entites’… I could have bought a whole new Pi setup.