Schedule: Allow UI configuration of yaml entities

Apologies if this is a duplicate, first request.

As per the title, would it be possible to allow schedules created manually in configuration.yaml to be managed through the UI?

It would help in cases where you may want to generate a bunch of schedules for use in automations and still be able to update the schedule items for each day through the UI. At the moment you have to create them one by one if you want them to be editable.

I’m assume it would just require adding a unique_id and adjusting some internal flags/logic for the integration (I haven’t gone down that rabbit hole yet), but if it’s not possible due to some other blocker, fair enough. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Have you explored the Scheduler Card and Scheduler Component?

I looked closer at the native Schedule Integration so I better understand what you’re asking about. I can see the benefit in the FR you made. Do any of the other helpers made in YAML populate into the helper UI?

:hushed: I hadn’t seen that, it may do what I want if I’m able to manually create schedules by editing the .storage/scheduler.storage file. I’ll have a look later, thanks :sweat_smile:

Hmm I had another look myself and you can do it with groups and template entities. Altough they don’t have any complex configuration options like the schedule items does :thinking:

e.g.

light:
  - platform: group
    unique_id: "test_light_group"
    name: "Test Light Group"
    entities:
      - light.ceiling_light_1
      - light.ceiling_light_2
      - light.ceiling_light_3

vs

light:
  - platform: group
    name: "Test Light Group"
    entities:
      - light.ceiling_light_1
      - light.ceiling_light_2
      - light.ceiling_light_3

The scheduler card/component is pretty nice, however I do like the simplicity of the already provided schedule integration, bar the 30 minute blocks (not an issue for me atm but hopefully that gets enhanced down the line). As such I still think making it editable would be a useful feature. What do you think?