Schedule helper

This helper gave me high hopes. But it turned out to be… just a good idea that wasn’t complete.
You create that helper. then, a sensor turns on, when you’re in a selected schedule time. That’s practicly all. You can’t get the start or end time of an event. You can’t find the events (get the in a list/dict). You can’t add/remove/change them in an automation. Actually, it’s like you hardcoded the schedule.
Also, there’s no card to change the schedule.
So, I can’t create a routine, so, when there’s a holiday, I change the schedule for that day (or disable it)
So, when the schedule needs to be changed, I always need to go to the “helpers” page, and change it there?
Would be nice if could create a schedule "on the fly’, add/remove/change/disable scheduled events in automations.
And, a also would it be nice to have a card.

I thought there was one for services too, but I can’t find it. Though there is this one you might like to vote for:

1 Like

Also for me I don’t seem to be able to see the Schedule as updated. it only shows the schedule as originally set by me.
This one gets my vote

Correct me if I am wrong, but the schedule helper is relatively new. Give it some time - it will likely mature into something that is very usable and extremely helpful.

A schedule card to modify the schedule would be helpful, but in the meantime, if you put an entity for the schedule in your Lovelace dashboard, the schedule can be modified in the dashboard by using ‘more-info’ single tap on the entity.

Until you can enable and disable the schedule itself, you can create a binary_input/toggle helper and then put that as a condition in your automations. For instance, I am using the schedule helper to control my HVAC. All of the automations that are leveraging the schedule have a condition in them checking an input_binary to ensure that I have not put the house in “away on holiday” mode. This is a single input/binary that I can switch from the front end that disables a whole heap of automations as we are away - it disables the HVAC, the pool heating, and the majority of the automatic lights coming on, etc.

Overall, I am excited by the schedule helper - it opens up a lot of functionality for time-based automations that I previously had to handcraft with a whole lot of input_datetime entities. We all just need to be a little bit patient. In the meantime, I am upvoting for a schedule card which makes it easier to edit the schedule and also for the ability to enable/disable the schedule.

Take a look at my addon, maybe it could help you:

Can you set the value of an option_select helper?