WTH is there no Weekly Schedule card?

I know it is new and that the frontend bugs have not yet been ironed out but a core Schedule card with finer grained control from the frontend (10 minutes?) would be grand.

A configurable time slots would be preferable but going to every 15 minutes would help as quarter to / quarter past is a common way to define a period of time.

15 minutes is not short enough for some applications, e.g. l only run my irrigation for 10 minutes.

2 Likes

On the custom scheduler component, you can set the time_step: 1.

My argument is, why have the Devs started from scratch rather than absorb the current scheduler component into core?

I’d go as far as saying we should be able to enter values down to a single minute. It could be made such that blocks can can be selected in 5 minute increments or having a popup to enter any value down to a minute. This is how time entries work for calendar events in my Android phone.

1 Like

One constant source of frustration for me is the lack of a simple scheduler display that my family members can change easily. I am using the custom scheduler component to manage the heating system, and it does everything I need in terms of functionality.
However, the interface is too confusing for non-technical people to use. I do not like being the only person in the house that controls the heating. If I am away they have to ask me to make the change remotely. The new Schedule helper is a good start, but it needs more work along with a Lovelace card.

2 Likes

Agreed. My solution is to have override buttons/input_booleans that reset each night which Schedy picks up and acts accordingly.

The climate control really needs some serious effort as well.

There is GitHub - nielsfaber/scheduler-card: HA Lovelace card for control of scheduler entities a fabulous card and integration that works perfectly.
Sadly the devs don’t want to implement it (they have their reasons) and are doing everything from scratch.

More info about the card and integration is here: Scheduler card/custom component

This should be part of the core. I removed more than half of my automation with this integration!

1 Like

I’m talking about the core weekly schedule helper, not third party options.

would like to see this implemented too