Scheduler card/custom component

Hi @Arty2k15

Have you been able to solve your problem yet?
I have a similar problem. I want after heating a setback temperature of 15 degrees. But I can only select heat or off. Off but unfortunately means 5 degrees.

Hallo,

I would like to create a schedule with condition:

If a person is not home temperature is moved to night mode and if person is available it is day mode.
Without this condition the card is changed fine as per schedule.
When I add the condition it is considered for all day and night schedules. Not only for one of them e.g. day mode.
Saying differently I want a condition for the day mode only.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Is there a way to apply a condition to an entire scheduler card? I am currently setting the condition on each individual schedule item, but it is repetitive and error-prone. I think I’m just missing something.

not yet, but i haven’t been working on it. maybe I’ll find some time soon.

I’ve been using the scheduler card for a while now and it’s been great so thanks! Does anyone know if there’s a way to hide the actual card contents under a drop down toggle or something? It uses up quite a lot of space on the page that it’s on. I could hide it in a popup or on another page with navigation but it be good if there was a built in option to show/hide the contents as it’s not something I edit that often.

There is a card that allows you to do specifically this, works great. It allows you to collapse an entire card. You can also use a different card (like markdown, button-card) as the collapse card header.

Expander (Collapsible) Card - Share your Projects! / Custom Integrations - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

1 Like

Perfect, just added and looks much better thanks!

Hi,

same question here. Did you find a solution?

Can we pu all entities in a HA group and so switch lights and switches in the group on or off?

Thanks, Steffen

Hi,

anybody changed the icon color with card_mod or can we hide icon?

Thanks, Steffen

Thanks for this great integration. :grinning:
Is there a way to show on and off schedules on the same row?
Also it would have been great to have a setting which forces an OFF for every ON.
My current card looks a bit cluttered and its difficult to know which ON and OFF schedules correpond

I installed this add-on, didn’t do any particular configuration, but Watchman is complaining about two missing entities that I think are related:

switch.schedule_abcdef [missing]
services.yaml

light.my_lamp [missing]
services.yaml

I’m 99% sure the schedule abcdef is related but unsure about the lamp. How do I clean this up?

I’ve been having a problem getting HACS, Scheduler Card to properly install and function.

I have Home Assistant (HA) Core, version 2023.3.6 running with Frontend 20230309.1 on a Raspberry Pi 4, 8 GB running Raspberry Pi OS 64, version 11 (bullseye). I have updated Python to version 11.2 without incident and have HA running fine as a service. Both HACS and Scheduler Component seemed to have loaded without incident and HACS, Integrations shows both a HACS and Scheduler Component card installed without complaint.

Clicking on HACS on the left side of the screen shows the message “Not loaded in Lovelace. You have 1 Lovelace elements that are not loaded properly in Lovelace.” Moving to Frontend shows Scheduler Card bordered in red with the top line message of “Not loaded”. When I click on Scheduler Card I get a display of the Scheduler Card READ.MD. Also in Frontend is the Daily Schedule Card which is not bordered in red and looks normal. When I click on it I get a documentation page. When I go to Integrations and click on Scheduler Component I get a display of the Scheduler Component READ.MD.

I have looked at everything I could find on the web and have so far been unsuccessful.

Obviously something is broken here. Two questions:

1. I would like to remove Daily Schedule Card from HACS, Frontend. I can’t. I worry it will conflict with Scheduler Card.
  2. I would like to properly install and use Scheduler Card in HACS, Frontend.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Spent more time on the forums and now have both Scheduler component and Scheduler Card installed correctly within HACS. However, when I install Scheduler Card on my Dashboard. I have an error message on top of the card stating: Could not connect with the scheduler component. It needs to be installed as integration before this card can be used. Scheduler-component is installed at HACS, Integration and Scheduler Card is installed at HACS, Frontend.

Scheduler-component files installed at:
/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/scheduler
actions.py
const.py
manifest.json
store.py
timer.py
config_flow.py
init.py
services.yaml
switch.py
websockets.py

Scheduler Card files installed at:
/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/www/community/scheduler-card
scheduler-card.js
scheduler-card.js.gz

Raspberry Pi OS (bullseye)
Python 3.11.2
Home Assistant 2023.3.6 - Core
Frontend 20230309.1 - latest

Any ideas?

Hi,

I am new to HA so please be gentle, I’m trying to create a schedule to turn on/off “passive mode” in the Drayton Wiser integration switch.wiser_lounge_passive_mode how would I go about this.

Thanks
Andy.

Thanks for all the work on this Scheduler - fantastic !
I have two heat pumps heating a hw tank & a circulation pump moving the water through radiators, each with relays to enable/disable the pumps.

Previously, in HA, I had a thermostat to control the circ pump & a complex system of helpers & automations to control the heat pumps (so as to maximise PV/battery self-consumption) according to hard-coded times. As well, an override switch.

Now I have the thermostat, override and Scheduler - working well and easily maintained. It took longer to dismantle the old system than it did to set up the Scheduler :slight_smile:

One observation about calculating the time to the next firing, when across the end of day :
ie schedule fires at 2200 (eg off), next on is 0600. At 2300 the Scheduler says the next firing is in 1 hour - better would be in 7 hours.
I did read (virtually) all of this thread so I know it’s on your list (just not near the top) & it’s certainly minor.

Anyway, great work - thank you.
bq

How do you call a service to edit a scheduler entity by action on a button-card?

ditto … i need home assistant access scheduler ‘next’ slot temperature value ?

btw - shame faced - how on earth do I ADD a new question like this to this (or any) card questions? (relative newbe but still embarassed !!) - thanks

PLEASE HELP - I’ve asked quite a few questions in the HA forum - ONE was at least responded to - not a dicky bird for any others :frowning: I’ve invested substancially in HA - partially because I thought there was a very stong support community here - but over the 18-months I’ve been here this has not really helped me :frowning: WHAT am I doing wrong ?? cheers - Graham

Do you mean how does one start a new topic? On the home page (community.home-assistant.io) do you see the button ‘New Topic’ ? If not, you need to have submitted a certain number of posts, answered others etc. before it is made visible.
Sometimes a question gets answers, sometimes not - nothing personal (usually ;))

I’m getting this error after upgrading to Core 2023.5.0 anyone who knows what to do here?

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:214 
First occurred: 22:20:35 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 22:20:35

Setup failed for custom integration scheduler: Unable to import component: cannot import name 'async_get_registry' from 'homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_registry.py)