Scheduler card/custom component

Is this just with this component? Try installing a different component and see if that one stays after a HA restart. Trying to make sure your SD card is not getting corrupted, before you drive yourself crazy and try everything else :wink:

Not fun troubleshooting for a week straight going crazy, to find out the sd card is corrupted to the max (happened to me).

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I wiped the whole DB and the .storage directory, same result. Yes, only this component. I might have installed it wrong, but it does show up in the list and I can see services and switches that belong to the scheduler, so everything at least seems ok.

Never mind, it’s part of the “fun” upgrade to 0.155.2. Old components (installed before the upgrade) show up, but new ones don’t install properly. So, nothing to do with this component. I’ll keep digging.

Do yourself a favor and DONT run HA from an SD card. You will be really sitting on a timebomb.
After a year or so the SD card will start to have damaged files because of too many RW cycles. It really gives you headaches.

If you have a raspberry pi, its super easy to solve by storing your data on a connected usb stick or SSD. Filesystem can stay on the SD card if preferred.
I will never go back :blush:

Oh yes I know. But I’m running on RPI4. USB boot is just recently available and is still in beta on HA. It only works with the 64-bit HA image. It’s still hit or miss (I follow the thread) with 64 bit. So I’m waiting for it to go out of beta to use an SSD.

I know there are other ways as well since a longer time, like booting from sd and running HA on ssd after initial boot. But I don’t want to go to all the trouble going that way and when official ssd support comes, reverting stuff and doing more work.

Hello, i have a climate for each room in my house.
I would like to schedule every bed room with 1 schedule.
If i create a custom switch that can turn on and off my different climate, will it work ?
and how integrate that custom switch in the schedule-card ?

Create input_booleans and set automations that turns on your climate with it’s set on and turn off climate when the input_boolean is set to off. Then just add input_boolean to domains in this card, for example:

type: 'custom:scheduler-card'      
  domains:
    input_boolean:
      actions:
        - service: turn_on
        - service: turn_off
      include:
        - input_boolean.climate_livingroom
        - input_boolean.climate_kitchen
        - input_boolean.climate_bedroom
        - input_boolean.climate_office
        - input_boolean.climate_bathroom
        - input_boolean.climate_hallway

Thank you.
I’ll try.

1 Like

This code is ok for me

type: 'custom:scheduler-card'
discover_existing: false
standard_configuration: false
title: Cuisine
time_step: 1
domains:
  climate:
    icon: thermometer
    actions:
      - service: set_temperature
        variable:
          field: temperature
          min: 14
          max: 24
          step: 0.5
      - service: set_hvac_mode
        service_data:
          hvac_mode: 'off'
        name: HVAC to Off
      - service: set_hvac_mode
        service_data:
          hvac_mode: heat
        name: HVAC to Heat
      - service: set_preset_mode
        service_data:
          preset_mode: none
        name: Preset to None
      - service: set_preset_mode
        service_data:
          preset_mode: away
        name: Preset to Away
      - service: turn_on
      - service: turn_off
    include:
      - climate.thermostat_cuisine

So if i well understand, i can use this code and add as many as climate i want to control under the “include"section”.

@guims78 I’m working on a new feature that will help you.
You will only have to tell the card which types of entities you want to see.
The card will calculate the actions.
I think i can release it tomorrow.

1 Like

I tried this code but it don’t match with what i want.
I’d like to set up only 1 schedule for multiples of climate.
This code only include the climate i want to manage under entities but they’re still independant.

Maybe you could use climate_groups… (here) and schedule the group

- platform: climate_group
    name: 'Climate CHB'
    entities:
    - climate.thermostat_bureau
    - climate.thermostat_cuisine
    - climate.thermostat_hall

Can you share an example of code ?
i tried to add climate_group in schduler_card but i have a lot of errors.

Some of this should be split up over to groups, not domains. You misspelled “platform” as “plateform”.

I corrected “platform” but i don’t find what to split and how.

Actually just rename domains to groups and it should work.

Install the component climate_group and configure it. After you use tis as a climate thermostat

I still have issues

Check your indentation, and don’t take screenshots, actually copy the code and hit the format button.