Scheduler card/custom component

Yes sir!
I think for person entities you only have to add them to the include: list, and they should show up.
If not, then check here.
Note that this is currently a YAML only feature. Not available in the UI editor.

Did it with ease! I was adding person.* to costumize: but not on include. Thank you!

I will make something that will automatically include stuff you have in customize already (why would you customize stuff that is not in the card :yum:)

Lots of things to do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Idea:
Currently I log all my calender actions (Google) in Slack. It would be interesting to propose a login option based on a notify: dedicatedā€¦

Did you post in the wrong thread? I donā€™t quite understand what youā€™re sayingā€¦

Ironic :wink:
What I mean is that currently in my automations I create a log that I send as a notification (Slack currently) and that a notification option at the start of a schedule could be an interesting option.

Seems a bit specific functionality.
It is not in-scope for this component.

There is a plan for adding a textfield-option (instead of slider) at some point.
Maybe it could be used for scheduling a task for the notify platform, with a message you can enter.
BUT: a problem is that notify platform does not use entities. This card is limited to tasks related to entities.
Maybe you it could be done through a script which accepts message as variable and calls the notify function.

However, the message will be a ā€˜staticā€™ text. It will not support templates or anything.
If you want to print details (like entity attributes), better keep things as you have them now.

Juste an idea, not a request :slight_smile:

Well, since Iā€™m the maintainer of this component, itā€™s more or less the same thing right? :wink:
But feel free to make a PR if you want to make this functionality :+1:
For me the priorities are bit different as you can imagineā€¦

My English is badā€¦

My idea was just to send out a notification when a scheduled action occurs. But I should be able to do it differently, for example if a swiche goes from ā€œoffā€ to ā€œonā€ I create a notificationā€¦

Updated today the card and component. Great job with the Scheduler Scheme!

I want to switch my current climate scheduler from automations to this, but under condition I can only select switches/lights, it would be nice when there is group of binary_sensors for a window contact as example!

The design is great too :ok_hand:t3:

Not what this is for. This is not an alternate automation engine.

Keep the conditions in a script or automation. Enable the script or automation with the scheduler.

Just add binary_sensor (or specific entity_idā€™s ) in the include: section (YAML mode, not UI mode).
It should automatically create a group which is only visible under conditions (since binary_sensors have no services).
Be aware that conditions are only used to control whether an action should be blocked or not.
If you are using timeslots, this is only at the start of the timeslot (so closing a window in the middle of a timeslot, will not re-trigger the action for the heater to go back on).
Not yet, at least :slight_smile:

Wellā€¦ Starting to become one :grimacing:
Wasnā€™t really my plan though.

Yeah, honestly, Iā€™ve held off installing this until the dust settles and the config solidifies a bit (nothing to do with it being a mad time of year work-wise, no not at all). Butā€¦ itā€™s already becoming far more than I needed and Iā€™m beginning to look at the other two options again, just for simplicity.

Yes, that was discussed some weeks ago (around posts 595+)- and I IMO still need a SCHEDULER component not another AUTOMATION / SCRIPT engine in HA :slight_smile:
Best, JR

Donā€™t worry, Iā€™m well aware of how things are escalating.
There are not really any extra features left to be added. This is it :slight_smile:
The next updates are focused on cutting down code, simplifying GUI, making the user experience more pleasant.

Still puzzling a bit about what to do with the ā€˜discovered schedulesā€™ vs multiple cards issue.
Itā€™s kind of a unique situation, with the card auto-generating entities that you may later ā€˜get lost in HAā€™ due to changes in your card config.
That, and the fact that the schedules refer to other entities + services, which might get removed as well.
Any good idea is welcome :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Disable them and have something like the ā€œshow disabled entitiesā€ filter from the configuration / entities menu perhaps?

2 Likes

That is what I need. When the window is open, the heater turn off, when the window is closed, itā€™s going back to the temperature. And this is working with the scheduler like charm.

Only need 2 Automations (Window Open/Close) instead of 9 :heart_eyes: ā€¦for one room :wink:

1 Like

Release v1.9.0

I have listened to you guys :wink:
I collected some feature requests and made a big update for them.
Let me summarize the changes.

Localization
The localization of the card has been completely redone.
All texts in the card now support translations. Wellā€¦ except for the UI editor.
A lot of translations have been re-used from HA, to reduce the mainteannce (and size!) of the localization files.
The remainder has been restructurized for making things more maintainable.

A big request to those who have helped translating:
Could you please take a look at the new localization files, and help me with the migration?

Furthermore, the card should now detect automatically:

• The time format in your country (24 hours vs 12 hours format). The am_pm setting is dropped.
  • The first day of the week. The first_weekday setting is dropped.
  • The names of the weekdays.

Hope it works fluently for all, let me know if there are troubles!

Group entities

It is now finally possible to create schedules for group entities.
And by group, I mean group (not the ones that categorize the entities).
It was a bit of a puzzle, because you can place virtually any mix of entities in a group, and the group will allow you to call almost every service for them.

The card will check which entities are contained by the group, see if they have any actions in common, and make those available for you.

It wyou try anything fancy (like combining climate + cover + light) entities in a group, thereā€™s a good change that the card doesnā€™t know what you want to do with them.
Ofcourse you can customize your own action, but donā€™t expect that set_temperature will make your lamps become more orange :smiley: (use at your own risk).

As with every new addition: suggestions are very welcome!

Display options

I heard you :slight_smile: In HA everything should be possible. Thatā€™s what makes HA so awesome.
Since it will be very hard to combine everyoneā€™s preferences, I decided to make things configurable.
Check out the new display options configuration.
I hope it will give everyone the possibility to change things to their liking. Let me know if you miss anything.

Improved customization
With special thanks to @Motti_Bazar for his patience in helping me improving this.

First of all, the hiding of actions:

There is now the exclude_actions property, which may help you to hide unwanted actions from your the card. It was already introduced in the previous release, but it was still buggy. I think it works better now :+1:
You can simply provide a list of names of actions (as they are displayed, so e.g.: ā€˜heatā€™) to make them disappear.

Then the more specific customizations:

There were definitely some quirks in the card here.
In v1.8.0 I mixed quite some stuff up internally. And now I mixed stuff up again. But hopefully for the better :innocent:

The idea is that the standard config and your customization will be merged, so you only have to provide the changes you want to do on top of the standard configuration.
So in case you want to change the timestep for the set_temperature action, you can do this:

customize:
  climate:
    actions:
      - service: set_temperature
        variable:
          field: temperature
          step: 1

While the other properties (name, icon, min / max / unit etc.) will be kept as they are.

Other changes
In v1.80, suddenly everyone was getting big yellow boxes with warnings of schedules that were not included in their config.

I got a nice tip from @tom_l:

And thatā€™s exactly what I did. Looks very discrete, think its a keeper :+1:

Done! :+1:

Well that wraps it up pretty good.
Maybe I missed some more changes, but I guess you will find out yourself!

PS: Good chance that there will be (as always) some new issues in the card (also the 0.117 HA update messed some things up). Let me know, I will try to fix them in the next couple of days.

10 Likes

Whaw !!! Merci pour tout Ƨa :slight_smile: