Scheduler card/custom component

Great !!!
Can you give an example how to implement display_options ?

Thanks for the job!
Very helpful. It will really simplify the automations I have.

I have a problem. After updating, I will add a scheduler tab and it will not appear. I refresh the page and it is present. I switch the view and come back and the screen is blank again. The default theme and custom is the same. HA 0.117.1 browser chrome

1 Like

Sure!
This is the standard setting:

display_options:
  primary_info: "{entity}: {action}"
  secondary_info: 
    - relative-time
    - additional-tasks	
  icon: action

So you could use it as a starting point, make changes as you wish.
I added some documentation about it.

Well that’s weird! The card should work snappy…
I also don’t have the issue you’re having.
If you could share a specific pattern you do to get this issue (or maybe even make a screen video), i would like to check it out.

I will try to restart Rpi. Then I’ll let you know.

I’m having the same issue. I have two separate scheduler cards, one on separate lovelace “tabs”. If I refresh the page while on tab eg “Climate” my climate scheduler card shows up. But if I select the “Automations” tab, my other scheduler card is not there. I can refresh, and it will show up. But then, clicking back to “Climate” and the scheduler card there is gone.

I had just updated your card and restarted HA (did not check this functionality however) then updated HA to .117.1 and noticed this behaviour.

I tried restarting and it didn’t help. I also have 2 cards, 1 PC monitor and a second tablet on the wall. I am convinced that this was done by updating to v 0.117.1

I went back to HA version 0.16.4 and it’s the same.

If we don’t refreash the page and let it do so, the memory consumption of the page continues to increase (10 G) until it crashes.

I reproduced here and stopped before the crash…

Same here. Though I thought maybe not at first as I didn’t see any increase but after a short while I look back and it’s at 1.5G+

Same issue. After updating, unable to create new scheduler, just the button ‘edit’ appears at the bottom of a newly created ‘scheduler card’.
However the new UI (with time presetting, selection of groups, switches, lights, climates, …) is available.

I returned the scheduler to version 1.8.4 and everything is fine.

Any comments @neliss?

I don’t experience any of these problems.
Obviously, else I wouldn’t have made a release.

People who have issues with the card are invited to create an issue in GitHub (as usual).
Hope they can provide enough details such that I can reproduce the problem, else I can only guess.

If version 1.8.4 works better for you, that’s ok with me :+1:

The reproduction of the problem is simple :

1. We modify the schedule map
  2. We save
  3. It doesn’t recharge if you don’t do F5.
  4. You just have to wait (15 to 30 minutes) to see the RAM consumption increase…

I think there is a link between the fact that it doesn’t recharge and this memory consumption. But I am not a developer to give more indications…

I’m also not a developer, so I can provide screenshots or the same information. My problem is identical. Just a layman’s view, there must be a difference between a new and an old version. The old version does not show this problem.

Hello

I have 7 climates. Each of them can be either in mode ‘confort’ which means 20°C all the time or they can be controlled with the scheduler with ‘confort’ or ‘eco’ temperature during specific timeslot.

I need to define 7 daily schedulers.
I also need

1. to save the temperature (set for the climate) in case of HA restart (to reset the climate to the right temperature)
  2. not to set the temperature defined in the scheduler if the climate is in ‘confort’ mode

Therefore, I want to use the script capability in the scheduler.
In the example you provide, temperature is sent as a field (and I assume that temperature means the temperature set as a target for the climate and not the current_temperature).

but how to send additional fields (such as climate name) to the script if I want to avoid to write seven different scripts.
Can you give us more information on the ‘script option’. I mean the option to schedule scripts with fields?

I think that’s the best option to achieve what I want.
If you have other ideas, let me know
Thanks

7 climates is quite much!
I would recommend you to make a group, to combine several.
If you want to keep individual control, you could make the entity as variable in your script as well:

my_script:
  fields:
    temperature: {} # allow temperature as variable field
    entity: {}
  sequence: # sequence for multiple steps, aborts if a step fails
    - service: climate.set_temperature # update the temperature
      data_template:
        entity_id: "{{entity }}"
        temperature: "{{ temperature }}"

Not sure why you would want this, because the effect is identical to controlling it directly.
But ofcourse you could extend the script with conditions etc.

To add scripts to the card:

customize:
  script.my_script:
  actions:
    - service: script.my_script
      service_data:
        entity: climate.my_climate_entity
      variable:
        field: temperature
        min: 10
        max: 30 
     name: "Execute script for my_climate_entity"

You could add 6 more actions to support the other entities.
Unfortunately it is not possible to have temperature and entity BOTH as variables, you have to keep one of them fixed in the action.

@neliss Sorry for taking so long to respond to your update. I’ve implemented it and it works. Anyhow just wanted to provide feedback in terms of functionality and I think its somewhat similar to what @Merangle is getting at in terms of being able to select an action for a group of entities.

The picture shows what is now in place and you can see I’ve applied the group idea by defining one called ‘all blinds’ for which the ‘Open’ and ‘Close’ actions are defined. What I was thinking of was the ability to use the CTRL key and select multiple items (in this case blinds) and then have the action apply to those that have been selected. The intent is to enable the creation of one scheduled action that then applies to one or more entities (in this case blinds), that would then reduce the total number of schedules to manage. Still loving the scheduler…

Yeah i get your point.
Getting dizzy with all those shutter icons :slightly_smiling_face:

I would like to introduce multiple-entity-select option (because the scheduler-component is prepared for this since day 1).
Just didn’t find the time for it yet.
There are quite some changes I have to make in the card to create this flexibility.

There is no CTRL key on the phone, i will have to find another way to do this.

For the moment this is the best way. :+1: