Scheduler card/custom component

Well, your opinion is your opinion, but with all of the frustration I’ve had so far throughout my year of HA, HACS has never been the culprit. In fact, it’s made things way easier. And it’s only gotten easier; now it’s just run a command on HA, go to the UI, type a code into GitHub, and it’s installed.

I’ve never had that kind of problem. What kind of stuff has happened?

interesting, i used Domoticz for a few years and while it was reliable it was such a learning curve that i got it working then stepped back with relief and then when it went wrong i was back at the point of having to relearn it to figure out what went wrong and not remembering how it worked.

I am just moving to HA and moving slowly with as little change as possible and testing backup and recovery at each step so i can have a spare SD card ready to go.

so far i have only needed ESPHome and Samba and custom components of EmporiaVue(power monitoring) and this little beauty to get everything up and running and recoverable from backups 95% - still the occasional failed restore of a backup

I am fairly sure that the following was 100% user error but when i added a few things such as HACS and NodeRed i managed to do something that not only tied the system in a knot but also ony restored 1 in 4 times. like i say i suspect user error and the installation of these integrations was likely flawed making the restoration image pointless as it was already broken. but a fresh install with only NodeRed still failed to restore 1 in 5 so for the moment i am keeping the installation as vanilla as i can until i gain enough experience with HA to be confident in recovery.

i suspect there are far better backup options than the system images HA gives but for the moment they work to a degree

I am loving the simplicity of ESP devices communicating and programmed directly through HA without having to go through mqtt but the whole thing is another fun learning curve and i mainly find myself knowing what i want to do but stumbling around blindly trying to figure out how to do it.

Hi:
Did you found a custom component for the EmporiaVue(power monitoring unit? I’d love to see it. Did you get EspHome installed on it? Thought I was the only one with a custom Emporia Vue!

will PM you a link rather than pull this thread off topic unfortunately the integration is just catching the data on the user account but it gets it into HA to be used. i will have to leave an esp flash for those far cleverer than me but it is a possibility given the architecture thats used in the Vue

simple HACS installation is the preferred method :+1:

Having trouble after last update for “defective” schedules. Even if I delete it and recreate it, I get same result. Any tips?

I’m on v3.1.0b of the scheduler component,

V3.1.0b contains quite some drastic changes I must admit.
I hope you can help me figure out what’s going wrong in your setup (I’d like to reproduce the scenario).
Could you open an issue with the following details:

• Does it happen with specific entities and/or actions or for all created rules?
  • Affects only time schemes or also simple schedules? Sunrise involved? Do you use conditions?
  • Does it matter which days did you set up? Are you using the workday integration?
  • Could you share screenshots from Developer Tools → Entities showing the properties of the schedules that are marked defective by the card?
  • Any clues in the HA logs?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the disappointment :sweat_smile:

loving the power of this schedule. added a couple of simple automations to add the final functionality to my heating with an overall on/off switch and a boost function. I remember someone mentioning wanting a boost switch and wanting to have the function and it turned out easier than I expected.

I used a button to trigger the automation which then sets climate to auto, then sets climate temp to 25 (higher than any scheduled temp but not silly hot) then switches off all related schedules. delay for however long a boost time you want then turn back on the related schedules and switch off the boost button.

when the boost button is pressed the heating will come on if its off and as the target temp is high it will start heating and stay on for the boost time.

once the boost time is up the system will revert to the heating on controlled by the schedule and this also then resets the target temp to that within the schedule.

final task will be an away mode trigger and possibly winter/summer schedules. if I can figure out how to get more friendly names displayed on the cards it would be perfect but I think I can just create several cards to help if I feel the need

having taken a while to get my head around the display_options could I suggest a tweak to the documentation for the YAML challenged of us out there :rofl:

its one of the few sections without an example. Until I found the example code you gave in post 823 I was struggling. If you added the default code as an example in the documentation it may help others :+1:

@opentoideas
Thanks for your feedback, I will add this in the docs.
The truth is that I’m not happy with the way the display_options work, I’d rather make extra details available on clicking an item or something.
Anyone who has a nice idea for a display that would make everyone happy, please shoot :slight_smile:

Just submitted a new issue with details.

Hello,

how can I have this displayed in front?
thanks

does nobody have an idea how I can represent it?

Is this a known issue (or limitation) when editing/viewing a scheme based schedule (at least for climate actions) the “action” is not highlighted when viewing a timeslot:

Yesterday I pushed out a new release v2.1.0.
It came with mostly (long awaited) bugfixes.
Thank you all for reporting the bugs you found, it really helps me improving the card!

In the “new stuff department”, the implementation of variables has been changed.
You can now combine multiple variables (it used to be limited to 1)

This adds some flexibility and allows for example to set climate devices to heat_cool mode, where the thermostat regulates the temperature between minimum and maximum values:

Also there is now the possibility to create a variable that allows free (text) input.
A good use-case for this, is the option to schedule a reminder.
For that I added support for the notify platform of HA to the card.
Your devices should automatically pop up for selecting after updating, and you can set a title and message through the card:

Wait for the schedule to trigger, and presto:

Hope you guys like it!
Let me know if you have troubles with the new version.

5 Likes

Why do you think somebody might want to send a notification through Home Assistant on a schedule? There are already lots of apps out there dedicated to reminders.

After upgrading to the latest version, I get the error that I need to install the integration.
Is this a bug, or did I miss any breaking change?

LE
deleting the old card and recreating it from 0 solved the problem.

sorry if i missed this but I am in the process of recovering home assistant with a fresh install and while I have the scheduler up and running where are the actual schedules stored?

hopefully after this time I will have the scheduler and schedules included in my recovery snapshot but typically I killed it before getting them.

not a big deal to recreate them but hopefully I can pull them from the old SD card

This shouldn’t be necessary.
I would expect simple page refresh or clearing your browser cache should do the job.
There is no breaking change that should cause such issue.
If you get this error, there is probably something wrong with scheduler-component → check the logs for details.

In .storage (like all other non-yaml HA data).
There should be a file called scheduler.storage.

1 Like

thank you :+1:

just my luck no recoverable files in the storage folder :laughing:

@neliss
I’m also getting an error message following the last update, however it’s only evident on my iphone

On my PC browser I don’t have the same issue. I’ve refreshed the cache. I tried removing the scheduler card per the earlier comment however that didn’t resolve the problem. Where are the logs stored?