Scheduler card/custom component

If you see differences between your phone and PC, it’s almost certainly a cache-related issue.
Best approach would be to check your browser logs on your PC.
There should be a banner with the version of the scheduler-card, like this:

If this banner shows v2.1.1 and all runs fine on your PC, I’d say the problem is with the cache of the iOS app.
In the app, there is a “reset frontend cache” button under settings. By clicking it, you should be running the same version there…

I’ve cleared cache, reloaded, etc. No joy.
You can see side by side the old and the new card in the same time, in the same tab.

I’m happy that it is working, don’t get me wrong, by there might be a small issue somewhere.

@neliss sorry for the time to reply, but I’ve followed your instructions and interestingly on my PC (which shows the schedule correctly) I get notification that it is version image

On my PC the schedule card is shown correctly, its only on my iPhone that I get the error message.
So I went back to Hicks and attempted to force an upgrade, by re-installing, but that hasn’t resulted in an update to the card even after refreshing the cache also.

After trouble with my input_boolean schedule wich was always disabled on restart of hass, i installed the main “version”, this solved the problem!

@neliss 2 Things since last report. I’ve updated HA to 2021.05 and secondly I’ve applied the latest scheduler card update. Refreshed the cache on the iphone and bingo all is well. Thanks.
Interesting thing is if I check using ‘Developer Tools’ it’s still reporting as image
In Hacs the scheduler card is reported as image
I have re-flushed the cache several times, so not sure why that is. The scheduler integration itself is at version image

If you see differences between the version in the browser console logs and HACS, it means that your browser has an old version stored in cache.
Apparently your attempts of flushing the cache have failed.
Normally HACS will ask to do this for you, that is by far the easiest way.

Example
My version was (when I started writing this) at:

I go to HACS, see that there is v2.1.2 of scheduler-card available, and click update.
I am asked to clear the cache:

Ofcourse I click “reload”.

Then I navigate to a page in Lovelace where I have scheduler card running, and return to the browser logs. It now shows:

Note that clearing the browser cache through HACS will probably only have effect for the browser which you are using at the moment.
So if you have multiple devices you will have to manually do it for them.

All this caching behaviour is controlled by HA itself, it is not something I can change.

Could you update scheduler-card + scheduler-component to “latest greatest”?
Last version (of both) came with some bugs, which should now all be addressed.
If you still have issues, I would like to know.
I don’t want anyone to struggle with this project, so your problems have my attention.
However, I can only help fixing them if you:

• Can share some more details (there must be some difference between your installation and mine)
  • And are willing to assist in performing tests for reproducing the issue in your installation

Please report issues through github (link) :+1:

I’ve done everything, including asking Chrome to wipe all stored data and it still reports 2.0.5. I’ve switched to MS Edge and that reports the correct version 2.1.2 Very Strange…still the important thing is the scheduler is now back working the way I want and displaying correctly. Thanks for you guidance.

In Chrome there is a nice option hidden under the Developer Tools settings:

This setting is my best friend nowadays, since it allows me to test while working on changes in the card (without having continuous caching problems).

Yep, that’s worked. Interestingly I have to do a refresh (F5) whilst the Developer Tools window was open and bingo, v2.1.2 is displayed. Thanks for your help.

I have a standard setup without any YAML-configuration. I only see lights in the Group overview:

From the documentation I understand that the default installation should “Discovery of devices (entities) of various types in your HA config and making them available for creating schedules”.
Have my installation become corrupted since it does not show all devices relevant to the scheduler?

Just go into edit mode and tell the card which entity (types) you want to show up.
It has always been like that, so I guess you already managed to set it up for lights before.

Aha…turns out I have a memorys span like a goldfish.

1 Like

I have been out for months because I had a serious crash with my system. Basically I am starting all over. I noticed that the scheduler card progressed at lot. I started to use it again and I have one or two remarks ( for what it is worth ) which might be solved so please don’t shoot me. Looking at the number of post there is a lot of discussion.

First remark is that I don’t recognise my own made schedule. What I mean with that is that I have a schedule for my irrigation pump where the front, the side and the back of the house have different schedules with the same pump. Fi front of the house 3 days per week at 12:30 AM, back of the house 3 days per week 03:00AM and side of the house 06:00AM 3 days a week. All on a different schedule on the same pump. It works ( thank you :+1::+1::+1::laughing:) However the on/off schedule in the card is massively confusing and never the same. So when I like to interfere because of the weather I never know which one to stop or to continue.

Second remark: The solution is the scheduler bar but the you cannot set different day schedule per time slot (f.I. A time slot on mo, wed, thur ON).

So in a way it’s very very flexible. I have no doubts that any schedule fits in but its difficult to make it visual or trackable. You almost need a calendar view to make it multi dimensional.

Otherwise really impressive :+1::+1::+1: Far beyond my comprehension of programming. Magic.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Ed!
It’s certainly been a while since I heard from you, good that you still enjoy scheduler :slight_smile:

There is now the “options” tab where you can assign a name to each schedule.
By means of setting display_options (YAML-only feature currently), you can configure to have the name of each schedule show up.
I guess this should help you distinguish between all schedules.

I decided not to allow different setting per day within a single schedule, it would make the GUI too complex.
From your screenshot it looks like you could reduce the list by using a time scheme with slots for the on/off actions, why did you set it up like this?

Hi Neliss,

Yes it has been long and took some self convincing to start again after a fried SD card…

Let me explain what I wanted and how I solved it. It’s about the irrigation around my house.
Consider this:

1. 3 areas to irrigate. Each area with an Rainbird controller. These are stand-alone units without connection to Wi-Fi or other wise. The Rainbird just opens the valves for that area.
  2. one booster pump which puts pressure on the irrigation net (all areas).
  3. I control the pressure by the pump when the rainbird opens the valves for a section. No pressure no irrigation. Pressure on = irrigation on
  4. area 1: valves open at 00:30am. Pump on Mo, We, Fri.
    area 2: valves open at 03:00am. Pump on Tue, Thu, Sat.
    area 3: valves open at 6:30. Pump on at Su, Tue, Fri.
  5. The valves open for 1-1.5hr depending on the section.

During day time: 0800-2300 I have pressure on the net every day.

So for each area I have an on and off schedule. That makes 4 sets of on and off = 8 switches.

This doesn’t fit in the schedule bar because I can’t chose a different day schedule for the time slots.

I hope a made a clear. You must be a scheduler guru by now anyway :smiley:

I couldn’t discover the display_option. Where exactly I can change that ?

I found the option. Named it and made a entity table:

Hello,

I would really like to build an intelligent window “open and close” for my thermostats in Node red.

I don’t want to just stop the scheduler when a window is opened, but rather that when an individual temperature has been set, they can recognize and differentiate and react accordingly.
For this I would have to be able to query some attributes of the scheduler from NodeRed.

How do I get from Node red which temperature is currently set or mode (Eco / Comfort) and how long this is then still valid and Next trigger time.

I can switch a scheduler on and off from Node red, but I don’t know how to get to these attributes.

I can only find some of the attributes that I need in the development tools. I cannot find an assignment for the temperature mode in the list of times there. I can see the times in the timeslot but which action is really the right one in this timeslot

Can you help me there?

Here is my example config of the thermostat from the development tools

weekdays:
  - workday
times:
  - '00:00:00'
  - '04:50:00'
  - '14:40:00'
  - '18:30:00'
actions:
  - service: climate.set_preset_mode
    entity_id: climate.wohnzimmer
    service_data:
      preset_mode: eco
  - service: climate.set_preset_mode
    entity_id: climate.wohnzimmer
    service_data:
      preset_mode: comfort
current_slot: 3
next_slot: 0
next_trigger: '2021-06-08T00:00:00+02:00'
friendly_name: wz_heizung_werktag
icon: mdi:calendar-clock

Here is the Debug output from Node red. The same here. I can not see wich Time slot have which mode/Temp

msg : Object
object
0: "60711"
_msgid: "9739bfb4.68fcf"
payload: "on"
data: object
entity_id: "switch.schedule_wz_heizung_werktag"
state: "on"
attributes: object
weekdays: array[1]
0: "workday"
times: array[4]
0: "00:00:00"
1: "04:50:00"
2: "14:40:00"
3: "18:30:00"
actions: array[2]
0: object
service: "climate.set_preset_mode"
entity_id: "climate.wohnzimmer"
service_data: object
preset_mode: "eco"
1: object
service: "climate.set_preset_mode"
entity_id: "climate.wohnzimmer"
service_data: object
preset_mode: "comfort"
current_slot: 3
next_slot: 0
next_trigger: "2021-06-08T00:00:00+02:00"
friendly_name: "wz_heizung_werktag"
icon: "mdi:calendar-clock"
last_changed: "2021-06-07T16:36:00.014854+00:00"
last_updated: "2021-06-07T16:47:18.565479+00:00"
context: object
id: "70f9620ec2b2610ddf9458676a087917"
parent_id: null
user_id: null
timeSinceChangedMs: 2181189
original_state: "on"
action: ""

Sorry if this has been covered already but this thread is loooong so I may have missed it.

Is it possible to have separate schedules for weekday and weekend? Or do I have to actually create a separate cards for each?

@BakaMonogatari yes its possible. I Have configured in this way.
In my Screenshot yyou can see this way. Weekday in German means Werktag and Weekend is Wochenende.

yes but what about when using a scheme? Can I have different schemes for workday and weekend? Or is that two separate schedules?