Scheduler card/custom component

Hi Robin, welcome to the HA community :slightly_smiling_face:

If you have the Scheduler integration/device visible the component is properly configured.
For the card, you need to look under ā€œfrontendā€ in HACS (not ā€œintegrationsā€).
Adding it under resources should actually be done automatic nowadays, so you can skip this step (unles HACS tells you to do so).

The next step is indeed to click the + and add the card (it should be somewhere at the bottom).
If the last step fails, please check your browser logs. There should be a little banner ā€˜scheduler-cardā€™ with the version number installed (and no errors of course).

1 Like

I donā€™t know if I am completely overlooking it but I am struggling to see where the option is, where did you locate it?

The option shows up in the latest version of the card, see here for more info.
Note that there is a bug in the behaviour, I will probably release an update in a few days for that.

1 Like

On the retry action function: what does it mean entity unavailable? If e.g. my thermostat is set to ā€˜offā€™ is it available or not? Iā€™m trying to implement ā€˜away modeā€™ function where Iā€™m turning my thermostats off and I would like to set the scheduler not to change thermostat temperature while itā€™s off but to retry to set it according to schedule when the thermostat is back on. Is it possible? If not, do you see any workaround? I could create some automation that would be triggered on ā€˜away modeā€™ being turned off and would set all thermostats back to their setpoints, but Iā€™d have to get them from the schedule first. How can I get set value for current timeslot for given entity?

Got it working now! I simply removed the configuration in Lovelace resource tab, added it again and it was solved. Scheduling is working fine now (big thanks for creating this essential feature!)

1 Like

Another question, how can I setup a (push) notification when my energy plug is powered on or off?

Maybe set up an automation thatā€™s triggered by its changing state, and send the notification in that?

Have issues with workday integration.

Iā€™ve set this week as holidays in my workday configuration and the schedulers are now skipping the workday schedules.

However, its not running the weekend ones instead, am I missing something obvious?

It should run the weekend ones (scheduler considers weekend as ā€˜not workdayā€™ so holidays are included).
Does the workday sensor say itā€™s ā€˜offā€™ ?
What is shown in the card as next occurrence for the weekend jobs?

Iā€™m wondering whether itā€™s possible to know whether a scheme is currently in a phase where it has turned a device on.

I have schemes set up to schedule my pool filter, sweep, chlorinator and heat pump (via a climate integration). This all works beautifully. But I would also like to, say, set up a function to run the sweep for a configurable about of time (probably using an input_number slider) for those times that I want it to run a bit longer. When the sweep runs, the filter must run too. This ā€œtop-upā€ could be during a time when a scheme has the filter running. When the ā€œtop-upā€ timer expires, I would need to turn the filter off, unless it should remain on because a scheme requires it to be on. Is it possible to test for this in some way?

@Sddawson
One thing that might help you is checking the current_slot property of a schedule entity.
It represents the number (starting at 0) of the slot which is currently active.
In case no slot is overlapping, the value is null.
There is currently no way to relate the slot number to certain action, so if you have both slots with ā€˜filter onā€™ and with ā€˜filter offā€™, they will be hard to identify.
I might be able to make changes to make it possible to identify this, if this would help you please open a feature request.
Perhaps you could change the schedule to only have slots for ā€˜filter onā€™ and use automations to turn off the filter when current_slot becomes null (and your top-up routine is not running of course).

1 Like

Thanks very much for your thoughts. I have quite a few different schedules that cover day running, night running, summer, winter etc, so the current_slot Idea might not fly - the filter runs arenā€™t always in the same slot in each schedule.

Iā€™m thinking that I could run a script whenever a slot turns the filter on (instead of controlling it directly), and the script could use an input_boolean to indicate that the filter is running in a schedule, before turning the filter itself on. Then I can use the input_boolean in the ā€œtop-upā€ sweep run to decide whether or not to turn off the filter when the timer ends. A slot that turns the filter off runs a similar script to turn off the input_boolean before turning the filter off. Should workā€¦

Hi,

May be I am missing some obvious point but I have the following problem : when I modify an existing schedule and I ā€œsaveā€ it, and then I open it again I see that none modification was made.

Is this the normal behavior ?

Are you using the Save button, or just the X to close the dialog?

I am using the ā€˜saveā€™ button. I just deleted my schedule and recreate itā€¦ and now I cannot reproduce the problem (???).

Edit : I had changed the name of my previous schedule (the problematic one) after to have created it, using Config/Entity dialog. May be the cause of the trouble.

Could be. Glad you got it sorted.

Hi all,

I just want to know if itā€™s possible to turn on a light with motion and after 10min the light turns off?

Many thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards
Thek

That is not a schedule, but an automation. A schedule is based on time (not on motion).

Ok, thanks!

/Thek

Sorry missed your reply.

I noticed some odd behaviour, I believe, if the next day was a non-workday when I edited the schedule it would work as expected, but the following day nothing would trigger again.

Same thing, if I edited it the current and next days would trigger but again not the following day.

I ended up creating a holiday schedule and just disabled the old ones as I didnā€™t have time to diagnose.

When I get a bit of time, Iā€™ll create some non workdays and test over a few days to see what happens