Scheduler card/custom component

Can anybody here help to make this repo build on github?

I’ve added a build action to my fork, but I’m unable to make it build. I’ve spent the whole day eliminating errors, but without success.

This is my first attempt to build any node / js stuff, but it seems to be a nightmare. After resolving package dependency errors, lint errors I was unable to resolve errors with rollup like semantic error TS2305: Module '"../node_modules/custom-card-helpers/dist"' has no exported member 'FrontendTranslationData'..

I’m sure I’m on a wrong track, so I’ve hard reset my fork to the beginning.

This is my build action from GitHub - lmagyar/scheduler-card: HA Lovelace card for control of scheduler entities

name: 'Build'

on:
  push:
    branches: [ main ]
  workflow_dispatch:

jobs:
  build:
    name: Build
    runs-on: ubuntu-latest
    steps:
      - uses: actions/checkout@v2
        with:
          fetch-depth: 0
      - name: Setup NodeJS
        uses: actions/setup-node@v2
        with:
          node-version: '16'
          cache: 'npm'
      - name: Install dependencies
        run: npm install
      - name: Build JS release
        run: npm run build
      - uses: actions/upload-artifact@v2
        with:
          name: card
          path: ./dist/scheduler-card.js
          retention-days: 1

I have some MQTT button entities with entity id “button.XXXX”.
But I cannot find any button entity when adding entities to the include list.
Did I miss any steps?

Thanks for the great and useful component.

Button component is relatively new. I didn’t add it to the card yet.
You could add it yourself if you want, using the customize configuration (YAML-only feature).

It works. Many thanks!
Another question, is it possible to make the time picker editable instead of using the up and down arrows?

Hello,

I hope you could help me with this. I have a heat pump that I control with automation with an external temperature sensor as a trigger. Can I somehow have the scheduler card control the heat pump by looking at the external temperature senor readings (not the one build-in into the pump).

Appreciate your help!
Piotr

Have you looked at Climate - Home Assistant? It’s a great way to control things like this, and is supported directly in the scheduler card.

@neliss Hi, suddenly the component doesn’t work with my installation. It worked this morning (my alarm scene fired off at 08.00) but after around 1-2 hours I noticed it said the card couldn’t connect to the Scheduler component. I then updated HA from 2022.5.2 to 2022.5.3 hoping it would solve it. Sadly it didn’t, also re-installing from HACS didn’t help. After restarting HA I noticed it came back very shortly and then was gone again. Log mentions this:

2022-05-11 11:18:40 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Setting up switch.scheduler
2022-05-11 11:18:40 WARNING (MainThread) [custom_components.scheduler.timer] failed to calculate next timeslot for schedule 4a413b
2022-05-11 11:18:40 WARNING (MainThread) [custom_components.scheduler.timer] failed to calculate next timeslot for schedule 4a413b

But nothing else mentions this component. In the past I noticed this issue very rarely, but refreshing the dashboard fixed it. Sou it was a front-end bug. But but it seems it’s a backend issue, since the log mentions it can’t calculate the next timeslot. The service calls of the component do work however. Using scheduler.run_action works.

Any idea what could be the issue and how to fix this / troubleshoot?

Could it be a schedule with an end date in the past?
If so, this bug may be related.
I actually made a fix for it this morning, but it’s not released yet.

1 Like

This was indeed the issue. I read the ticket before but didn’t see the connection with my setup. After your feedback I realized I have created a schedule that’s only active this week and stops on this day (first time using this). So I deleted that schedule using the service call and indeed everything worked again.

I’ll update to the latest release when it becomes available and for now I will remove the date expiration of others. Thanks!

Hi, I’m wondering if you can help illuminate what I’m missing:

1. Installed HACS
  2. Installed Scheduler Card via HACS
  3. When I go to Add Integration, the Scheduler Card does not appear on the list. I’ve cleared the cache, reloaded the webpage, restarted HA.

Int-Sch

How do I get past this?

I recommend checking the HA logs.
If it says:

We found a custom integration scheduler which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

the installation was done properly.
Otherwise, check for a custom_components/scheduler folder. It should have been created (and filled) by HACS.
Also, you need to restart HA afterwards.
If the installation was done properly and still the integration doesn’t show up, it’s surely a cache issue. If emptying cache doesn’t work, try with a different browser/device. It’s a known quirk of HA.

Hi neliss, thanks for replying.

I was seeing the stability message in the logs.
Poked around some more and discovered that although I was seeing HACS / Frontend / Scheduler Card - I had not yet added HACS / Integrations / Scheduler Component.
It’s there now as is the custom_components folder.
After restarting HA and still not seeing the Scheduler in the Add Integration list (under Firefox) I tried MS Edge - and there it was!!!

Many thanks :slight_smile:

I am trying to create a scheme to turn a device on from 00:30 to 04:30.
However I cannot move the slider anything less than 0:40.
I can instead create separate turn on/turn off schedules as a workaround, but it would be nice to have this in one scheme.
Screenshot 2022-05-19 at 12.12.17

This is due to the screen size. I just tested this and the wider the screen, the ‘tighter’ the lowest windows becomes. Per example:

Smallest is 00:40 (same width as your test)

Smallest is 00:30

Smallest is 00:10

In order to get to 00:05 (I have steps of 5min as config) I need my screen to be even wider. Not sure if this is something because of how HA operates, or if it’s a card bug. You should create a ticket regarding this on this Github’s repo.

1 Like

The configuration of the card can be done via the UI editor or in YAML

You can set it in yaml.

I want to use this to send Telegram reminders to the entire family about when garbage and recyling need to go to the street for pickup. Recycling is every two weeks (aka every other week). Can I set something up to do something every other Monday evening?

You may be better to use the garbage integration GitHub - bruxy70/Garbage-Collection: 🗑 Custom Home Assistant sensor for scheduling garbage collection (or other regularly re-occurring events - weekly on given days, semi-weekly or monthly)

How properly set color light setting?
My config:

type: custom:scheduler-card
include:
  - device_tracker.mi_note_10_2
  - light.controller_rgbw_3f7b9b
  - light.nasha_komnata_podsvetka_i_trek_socket_1
  - media_player.android_tv_192_168_9_126
exclude: []
display_options:
  primary_info: default
  secondary_info:
    - relative-time
    - time
    - additional-tasks
  icon: action
time_step: 1
title: Планировщик
customize:
  light:
    actions:
      - service: light.turn_on
        name: turn on with special effects
        icon: lightbulb
        variables:
          hs_color:
            name: Color

What i need put in color field? I try this

Or 10, 100 - nothing happend.

If i change options to ‘color_name’ and enter ‘aqua’ to color field - it work properly.

Hi,
Got a bunch of bugs since beta 2022.6 (maybe later than that, don’t know)

I can’t delete a schedule now and the switch entities made by scheduler integration are now “control” instead of “config” (so they also got exposed to google assistant and homekit)

Just create an issue on github Unable to delete a schedule in scheduler card · Issue #561 · nielsfaber/scheduler-card · GitHub with logs and i can test things if needed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Should be fixed now.