Scheduler card/custom component

Before creating a FR, perhaps I’m only doing it wrong.

How can I sort the displayed items in a custom order. Not according to start time, nor via title - both orders don’t fit here. I didn’t get it done till now. Is there a way? E.g. internal custom sort_field or something else?

I’m afraid there are no more sorting options than by time or title. I also don’t have time to work on expanding this so opening a feature request will not help. I’m open to accept PR’s in case you’re willing to add this functionality yourself.

Thanks for the quick reply. Really love your integration and card. But this is really missing here. Unfortunately, I’m technically not able to support with a PR. So I’ll wait if you have perhaps have some time in the far future.

Hi there, has something changed with this integration? I no longer seem to be able to add or edit conditions on account of their being no defined groups…

2023-05-18_18h05_02

Nothing has changed.
But you need to configure the card with the entities (/entity types) you want to show up.
Maybe the problem is caused here?

Hello
Do you know how to a create a schedule to deactivate some schedule already created?

This is the service to use:

service: switch.turn_off
data: {}
target:
  entity_id:
    - switch.schedule_ch_amis_semaine
    - switch.schedule_ch_amis_weekend

Hi, how do I add a schedule that starts and ends on different dates and repeats every year?

What is the logic of when it repeats? Ie - what determines the start and end dates?

Any idea why I only see thermostats on my scheduler card?

Sorry if this question already have been done or this is not the correct place to do it.
I love the relative time functionality of this card for future dates.
I want to reuse it in a template, to show relative time format for future dates.
Is possible to use this functionality from a template? If yes, an example would be very valuable as I am just starting with templates and codification.

Is it possible to control the the climate fan speed into the Scheduler card?
I have all the other options provided by my HVAC, but the fan speed setting is missing.

Neliss

I have a need for a binary sensor switching on and off by the Scheduler. As it seems that is not possible. A binary sensor can only be used for conditions. To work around this I yamled some dummy switches which I use as binary sensors but that is a bit weird.

So can I use binary sensor in the scheduling part ?

I’ve been using he custom scheduler to control a pair of heat pumps running our hydronic heating - working well.

However, I want to set up another schedule (simple - turn on a radio) but need the time step to be 1 minute instead of the default 10 minutes (so I can set 0559 as the scheduled time to turn on).

I’ve put this (see below) in the configuration.yaml but it gives an invalid config check “Integration error: time_step - Integration ‘time_step’ not found.” I’m missing something!
HA is running in a docker & Scheduler was loaded with HACS.

# Custom Scheduler Options
type: custom:scheduler-card
time_step: 1

edit: !! worked it out - put in in the card yaml, not the configuration.yaml !!
… and thanks, again, for a really good custom component.

Hello everybody,
i have a switch.schedule with some attributes, i would like to create a template sensor with the attribute “runtime”.
i made this:

- platform: template
    sensors:
      zona2am_runtime:
        value_template: "{{ states.switch.schedule_z2_sinistra_am.attributes.actions[0].data.runtime }}" 
        unit_of_measurement: 'Minuti'
        friendly_name: Zona2AM Runtime
        availability_template: "{{ states('sensor.zona2am_runtime') | is_number }}"

but i get error on startup…

Can you help me to find the right code?
thank you!

Is it possible to have a ‘re-evaluating condition’ alongside a relative time? I want to schedule some lights to be ON for a period of time, 30 minutes before sunset, as long as someone is home. If no-one is home, they will stay off, if they return, the schedule will turn them on for the remaining of the period.

Via the scheduler card I can configure everything except the relative time.

any tips?

I’ve not had to use this card for a while, it’s been happily running turning a hallway light on and off.

Today I was trying to set up a scheme for an immersion timer, and something went wrong - so I now have two schedules (both were attempted schemes) that show up as “Defective Schedule Entity: switch.schedule.xxxxxx”

I don’t appear to be able to delete these, only disable them - delete is greyed out if I go to the entity page for each “switch” - and they show as ‘unavailable’ in the entity list.

If I disable them, the defective schedule entity still shows in the lovelace card

Is there a manual way to delete these from a file, or elsewhere in the system?

Everything is up to date through HACS

From the logs:

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: custom_components.scheduler.timer
Source: custom_components/scheduler/timer.py:118
Integration: Scheduler (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 00:00:59 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 00:00:59

failed to calculate next timeslot for schedule 7898ac

and similar for the other failed scheme

Both schemes were relatively simple - with a short period on, and the rest of the time off.

@neliss This feature would be great (better time control for each day as currently) - Schedule for each day in one Scheduler · Issue #708 · nielsfaber/scheduler-card · GitHub

I am looking for the header switch from this componet because i want to us one schedule in a automation to turn it on ore off…

Apologies if this is a newbie question but is it possible to export a schedule to a file so I can see the format and then set the schedule with modified files?

Is it possible to adjust the default “behaviour after completion” setting from repeat to delete? I have a lot of timers that I use which are single use and dont want them to stay around afterwards. I know you can go to this setting, but having the ability to have it default to a different option rather than repeat would save me having to go to another screen to set the timer everytime, especially if i forget to go to that screen and the timer then repeats.