Scheduler card/custom component

Is it possible to turn off all of the schedules in Node-Red? I see how to turn off individual schedules, but with schedules being added and removed all the time that won’t work. Maybe a wildcard for all schedules?

EDIT: I figured it out - my solution is to use a Get Entities node, to collect all entities that start with my desired ID, then into a Call Service node, with the entity field {{payload.entity_id}}, that turns off all of the schedules.

Sorry to bring up this old topic, but did you ever found out a solution, or what was causing this?

My wife is experiencing on her mobile this same decimal problem, and this only happens on one dashboard and one schedule. But I haven’t been able to pinpoint why. At the same time on my phone and all PCs everything work normal.

I’m using the scheduler-card and the scheduler integration to control my heating. Using my Windows laptop and Chrome, when I edit or add a schedule entry I see 3 tabs (Entity, Time and Options). On my desktop with Windows and Chrome, I do not see these tabs. I’ve tried rebooting and clearing the cache (Ctrl F5) but still don’t see them. Just tried my Android phone and the companion app and don’t see the 3 tabs there either!
What’s wrong?

Hello. Can I use the scheduler with esphome esp32 to work offline? How can this be done? Just started using it. Thank you.

Sometimes you discover new jewels, this is one. Such an active topic and never seen before…
I have all installed and up and running and my plan is to replace the Nefit Aasy (app) schedule by this.

I have tried to search in this huge topic, but I can’t find a spot answer. I have 2 questions:
1.Can I have a complete visible card in lovelace so it does show below page in my frontend:

Thus I mean it shows the actual graphical schedule in the frontend instead of this:

1. Anyone have experience in replacing the nefit app schedule with HA? Is this wise?
2 Likes

Thx for this explanation!

Am I right that this explanation is currently missing in the readme, it even says it is not possible to do so? I am kinda confused bc of this :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

:warning: Note: Conditions are only evaluated at the time the actions should fire. This means that if the conditions are not met, the timer event will be skipped. It will not be re-evaluated when any of the entities involved in the conditions change.

How can I help with the [Tuya TS0601 TRV] customizing built-in actions in scripts.yaml (not in yaml-mode)? I think “auto” mode is here necessary ?

I’m on HAOS 11.0, HA 2023.9.3 and Schedule Component v3.2.15 and Schedule Card v3.2.11. Lately I’ve noticed that re-evaluate option is not working (basically not re-evaluating the conditions). What can I do to debug this? How can I log conditions evaluation?

I’m at 2023.10.5 now and still same. After core restart, conditions are not re-evaluated.
I’ve found this in the debug log

2023-10-22 20:53:38.865 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.scheduler.switch] Schedule 407d37 was already executed before shutdown, initial timeslot is skipped.

Is it connected? No initial time slot so scheduler is waiting for next time slot?
I’ve got a workaround: toggle all switch.schedule_ twice after restart.
@neliss is this expected behaviour?

I just installed this integration and I noticed the same problem indeed, I have to turn it on manually after a restart, even though according to the schedule it should be on now

Please make a bug report for it (in scheduler component).

1 Like

Where is the configuration yaml? It’s never mentioned in any of the docs and I can’t find any yaml files on my system that look relevant.

Does it need to be created? What is it called and where should it be?

According to the docs I need to put discover_existing:false somewhere but the docs don’t say where.

I try to set up more schedules for the same thermostat (work room), to cover possibilities when we are at home, or away, etc. I try to make them work with conditions built on booleans.
My problem is that when we are at home, but I don’t want to heat the room (I don’t work that day) I can’t solve to turn off the heating by change the preset to Away, because then the Schedule condition is just evaluated to false, so the preset stays on Home.
If I make another Schedule to set Away if the condition is false, it may override the original schedule.

It would be good to have a default setting for e.g. to set the Preset to Away, if the conditions are false, or it would be good to set priority between the Schedule’s conditions to evaluate. In my case if Home and Away Schedule’s conditions are true at the same time, then prioritize Home first.

And to set the conditions to evaluate not just ANY or ALL, but with separeated AND or OR would be great too.

Can I set the conditions somehow to solve this situation or would it need a feature request?

Is there a way to see the configurations in yaml or other text format? I’m planning to move my automations to this Scheduler, I have Visual Studio Code Server, so I can track all the changes, and restore them in case of any problem.
Where are the configurations stored? I can’t find them anywhere.
If an entity’s ID is changed, it would be good to find and replace the relevant Schedulers without recreating them again.

Wow – this is REALLY a cool and useful component.

One suggestion from my side: if I specify a workday schedule, it’s highly likely I need another one for the weekends for the same set of devices. It would be great if this could be just within the existing definition dialog. So switching between “Workdays” and “Weekend” would also just show a different timeline to specify the time slots and actions. This way I wouldn’t mess up the scheduler list with redundant entries just for different days, but just have them as part of the one and only overall definition.

2 Likes

I have the exact same scenario. What did you settle on to duplicate schedules?
Still doing it manually or are you editing the “scheduler.storage” file ?

I’m having huge issues with this integration, half of my schedules are suddenly showing as defective and there is no way to edit or delete them?

Anyone know how to remove these things?

@chrisdev524 @Montreal666
yes please how to duplicate schedule cards ?

Temperature isn’t being set by schedule/Scheduled service fails to run

When my schedule calls for a heating unit to come on (HVAC mode to heat, temperature set) from being off, I find it only turns on the system to heat, without setting the temperature. (It will be at the temperature it was on when it was last turned off.) To counter this, I often add another heat call to my scheme, ten minutes later. My thinking is that if it’s already on, then the second temp call will get sent through. I feel like this workaround was functional in the past for me. But now I have a scheme set, and the second activation didn’t even run. According to the entity’s history, it changed to Heat triggered by service Climate: Set target temperature at the first time, and then nothing after that, when the scheme asks for it to run again at a different temperature ten minutes later.
The units are Mitsubishi heat pumps controlled through Mitsubishi2MQTT. Is there a known issue here or a knack to get these to work?

Hello, folks.
There’s an option to add Tags to the schedule instances. Is there a way to reference these tags in automation?
My plan is to use the tag as a group name. Use NodeRed to search for all schedules with the specific tag / group name and enable/disable them.