Schlage BE469 deadbolt problem

I’m trying to get my Schlage BE469 deadbolt working, but running in to an odd problem. After a reboot, everything looks good. I click on “Unlock” and the deadbolt unlocks, but “Unlock” doesn’t change to “Lock”. 30 seconds later (I have auto lock turned on), the door locks and then the text changes to “Lock” - even though the deadbolt is now locked. Now I cannot control the deadbolt anymore (since HA only offers “Lock”, but the deadbolt is already locked). Any thoughts on how to debug this?

Maybe not paired correctly? Did you pair securely? How many total sensors do you have? What version of HA are you running? Has this worked before and is just now having issues, or are you just adding/starting with this lock? How far is it from the zwave controller? Do you have other powered zwave devices (not battery)?

I opened a PR on this exact issue.

The link should take you to the comment with a temporary fix until the next release.

1 Like

Just a side note, if you don’t use the custom component from the link I provided as a temporary fix, you can still manually call lock.lock and lock.unlock. It will work regardless of the lock state. Still a pain, but this does mean any automations you have will still work.

Also, local control (bolt, key, or code) updated status correctly for me.

Ahh, I saw this PR, but misunderstood. I thought it was related to the alarm type sensor, which shows locked from keypad, manual lock, etc. It’s never reported a change when it’s locked with HA, but HA has always known that the door was locked/unlocked.

Thanks for the pointer - the temporary fix worked for me.