Schlage BE469NX added, but not locking/unlocking

I just removed my Schlage BE469NX from ST and added it to HA just fine, but when I try to send a lock/unlock command nothing happens. It was working with ST prior so I know it works. I added using the secure node and I have removed and added it like 3 times with the same result. Anyone else run into this or know what else I can try?

Are those the only entities that were created? I believe there should be more… I’ll try to find the post to explain how to check but you may want to verify you have the proper version of OZW installed…

@Bartem yes those were the only entities created. Sorry what is OZW?

Openzwave… there is a post where someone assisted me in trying to verify what version was installed… it was related to a garage door cover that was acting similar… not all entities being generated… let me try to find it

So here is the thread… the link should take you to the relevant post about removing and checking your version of openzwave… may wanna scroll up a few for more context on how we got to that conclusion…
sorry not more helpful but the guys in that thread walked me through it because I had no idea what I was doing…

lol… I have no idea what i’m doing either… I’m trying to parse through this thread, but is it the OZW that needs to be updated? I’m running ubuntu server with docker and HA installed and a GoControl HUSBZB-1 USB dongle. Where am I supposed to run these commands?

Just at the command line after you ssh into your server… starting with this one:

apt list --installed *zwave*

Which may need to be

sudo apt list --installed *zwave*

Depending how you have your users setup

Is this the expected output?

I believe that’s a good sign that you don’t have extra/incorrect z-wave packages installed…
have you checked your ozwlog for any errors related to that node?

I just looked at ozw_log.txt and saw this about a failed network key. I think I saw something about a key being setup for secure node, but not 100% sure.

How did you set your network key? In configuration.yaml or through ui?

1 Like

I never setup a network key for z-wave or HA. Nothing in my configuration.yaml. Don’t see any place in the UI to set that. Am I supposed to do that somewhere else?

Wait I see what your talking about. I’m adding this to see if this helps

Network Key

Yep, was just about to send you that link… if you activated zwave through the ui it should have asked you if you wanted to generate one.
Also I believe you will need to remove and re-add the lock one more time unfortunately now that the key is set.

Add Securely, of course

OMG that was it! ughhhh…

Now it shows up twice, one works and one does not. Do you know how I can remove it?

In the z-wave integration box on the integrations page click configure at the bottom…
There you can select the dead node (should be a lower node number, but clicking on the node information should show it as dead so you know for sure) the click remove dead node towards the top …
It also may be a good idea to do a network heal when you are done.

What if the node is not showing up as dead? This node 27 (Schlage) is the actual good node.

Maybe see if you can delete from the other entities/device page you originally pictured? Clicking on the entity that has no battery level may give you a gear icon and then a delete option? I’m not super familiar with the way the new entity pages are laid out/work- I haven’t used them much

No dice, i’ll search around. Thank you @Bartem for helping me get this working!

The way I remove zwave node:

Goto zwave configure page then click on ‘Remove Node’ button.

This puts HA in pairing mode.

Then press the pairing button on your lock.

When they pair, HA will delete the node.

Verify by watching the tail of the zwave log as it deletes (or reports errors)

I think in zwave lingo this process is called device exclusion.