Schlage Encode Wifi

I just checked, and that’s the firmware mine has apparently always been on so you should be good.

My Schlage Encode updated its firmware overnight, I wasn’t asked to update but it stills seems to be working with Home Assistant.
Firmware is now v11.0.682205

Is there a way to prevent automatic firmware updates?

I dont believe lock firmware will break the integration. The integration talks to the allegion cloud api, not the actual lock. (Which means they could choose to brick it the way myQ did…)

1 Like

I am having issues getting my encode initially setup, its an encode wifi BE489WB2

The lock is always “unavailable” in HA, although I am able to interact with the lock without issue from the Schlage Home app. Strangely, the firmware version shown in HA doesn’t match what the schlage app reports. When I set up the lock, I get no debug logs. After a bit, I start to see this repeated:

2023-11-03 07:10:41.038 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.schlage] Finished fetching schlage (p****@gmail.com) data in 1.652 seconds (success: True)

HA 2023.11.0

I opened this GH issue as well: Schlage lock always unavailable · Issue #103197 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Anyone have any suggestions?

I just installed a Schlage Encode lock, set it up through the Schlage app, and added the Schlage integration to Home Assistant without any issue.

The problem that I am experiencing is that locking or unlocking the lock from Home Assistant takes several seconds, sometimes even more than 30 seconds. Has anybody experienced this issue? Or knows how to fix it?

1 Like

I have two Encode Plus locks both working fine from HomeKit and the Schlage app. I installed the official integration and entered my username/password and it reported connecting successfully but neither lock shows up as a device or entity. What am I missing?

Encode Plus is different to the Encode Wifi, maybe ask in this thread.
Schlage Encode Plus - Hardware - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

Hello,

I currently have Encode Plus set up through Schlage App, to keep it on Wifi

I’ve setup Apple HomeKey through Homekit. Everything works fine

My one question is, when using Home assistant with the Schlage Integration that now exists…The door lock or unlocks right away. Very responsive. But it take 10 or 15 seconds for the entity to update. So anotherwords, if I’m not home and lock my door be cause I forgot, I’ll have to sit there for a few and wait to see if the button updates to locked

Is this just a currently limitation of the schlage app that will hopefully get better with updates?

other than that all works great. No matter/thread apple hubs etc. Blue tooth is every bit as fast as matter for the HomeKey function… Don’t let apple people fool you lol Batter just takes a bigger hit being on wifi