Schlage lock fails z-wave interview

I’m having trouble getting my Schlage BE469ZP deadbolt to pair with HA. I had it connected a year or two ago and everything worked fine. I’ve since started over on my HA installation and am trying to set this lock up once again. I’ve factory reset the lock and tried to pair using Z-Wave JS.

When pairing, the lock is instantly recognized by HA and it begins interviewing the lock. At the same time a green light blinks on the lock confirming the connection. However, HA never seems to get through the interview process successfully. It will try interviewing forever and only list ProtocolInfo and NodeInfo in the interview list. Within 30 second of starting to pair, maybe sooner, the device is listed as “dead” in HA.

No idea where to go from here after several hours of trying to exclude and re-pair and searching all over for help. I’ve also tried re-interviewing the device as well without any success.

Any help is appreciated and let me know what other info I may need to provide.

I would try using Z-Wave JS UI. It has an option you can enable that helps with the inclusion of some devices. If that doesn’t work then I would switch to the Z-Wave PC Controller software. It’s made by the people “in charge” of the Z-Wave protocol. Devices that I had trouble including instantly included using this software.

Appreciate the response. I tried JS UI per your recommendation but ended up with the same exact issue.

Would you be able to point me to the Z-Wave PC Controller software?

Edit: I maybe have figured it out, testing shortly. The problem seemed to be that the lock device was going “dead” before the interview process could finish. I kept hitting the pairing button to wake up the lock while I watched the logs. Every time I’d wake it up the interview would progress a little further until it seemed to completed.

1 Like

Omfg… all of my problems were due to one of the 4 AA batteries (that I had just replaced) being very low. I’ll see myself out…

1 Like