Scout Alarm --> HA

Hi Everyone,

Scratching my head over this issue. Just made the switch from Homebridge to Homassistant and I’m loving it so far. Can’t beat the data and fine-tuning you can do on HA… it’s really impressive. That said, I’m super reliant on a Homebridge plugin for my Scout Alarm system that I can’t seem to find an integration for on HA. The controller and bridge on HA won’t work because the device flow is in the opposite direction. I’m still getting used to learning HASSIO so my understanding is still rather minimal, but was wondering if anyone had a solution for this? Thanks!

Stop making multiple threads for the same thing. It won’t help you get assistance.

1 Like

Apologies… I wasn’t sure where to post it!

Hi Everyone,

Scratching my head over this issue. Just made the switch from Homebridge to Homassistant and I’m loving it so far. Can’t beat the data and fine-tuning you can do on HA… it’s really impressive. That said, I’m super reliant on a Homebridge plugin for my Scout Alarm system that I can’t seem to find an integration for on HA. The controller and bridge on HA won’t work because the device flow is in the opposite direction. I’m still getting used to learning HASSIO so my understanding is still rather minimal, but was wondering if anyone had a solution for this? Thanks!

Merged all the identical posts

1 Like

I started working on a custom integration here: https://github.com/andyalm/homeassistant-scout-alarm

Its mostly working for me, though I’m dealing with a synchronization issue when using the Alexa->Scout integration. If you wanted to try it out, I would be happy to help troubleshoot any issues you run into.

I recently found Scout Alarm. I currently have SimpliSafe and I’m looking for alternatives. How do you like the Scout system and how is your integration going? How do the door and window sensors work? Do they have to show in the Scout cloud as a state change before HASS shows the change so there could be a potential for a delay. Currently I have two sensors on each door. One for SimpliSafe and a z-wave one for Home Assistant and I was hoping to just have the one.

Thanks!

Hi there. I’ve been using Scout Alarm for about 6 years and I’ve still got the original equipment I purchased back then. In the early days, there were some issues with sensors not always firing, but its all been stable for several years now. The one ongoing issue is the door sensors burn through batteries very quickly (they only last a month or two). My understanding is that the newer equipment fixed this issue, but I’ve been content to just change the batteries rather than buy new equipment thus far.

As far as how my integration is going, its actually working fairly well. Scout has a pusher.com based api that is websockets based and provides state updates very quickly, so your use case of wanting to know instantly when a door has opened or closed should work. I’ve been fighting one issue where those push events would stop firing and that was causing my integration to get out of sync. However, I think I figured out a fix to that just this morning. I’ll have to let it go for several days now to be sure though.

Hey @andyalm! Wanted to check back in to see what type of headway you have made with this? Thanks for taking the initiative!

The integration is pretty full featured and supports much the latest hardware. It support door sensors, window sensors, motion, smoke and CO detectors. It has rudimentary support for Locks. For the devices that support it, it creates temperature and humidity sensors as well. It’s worth downloading and trying out. I have been working with Andy to try and get the integration including in HACS since that’s a much shorter process than getting it into HA.

I know its an old post but its the only thread or contact I can find other than the github page. i have this up and running but wanted to know why the sensor battery isn’t present and if you’re planning on adding it? there also isn’t anything about the alarm hub itself. i.e. ethernet/cellular, battery/mains, battery life, etc.

Also, you can disarm the alarm from the dashboard without a pin code. this is not really a good idea if you want to use a wall panel. some way to make it optional during config of the card would be great.

Hey Nathan3, Can you tell me how you got the Scout Alarm integration up and working? I can’t find the integration in HACS like described in some of these threads. Thank you much.

I’m not sure, I have configured so much in the last few weeks. I remember having trouble with that too, I may have done the manual method.