Script to Install on Proxmox 7.0.4

Does anyone have a script to load HA onto a 7.0.8 Proxmox box?

I tried the one by Whiskerz007 but it fails on unzip. Mochman had a workaround but it also fails with E: Unable to locate package unzip [ERROR] 100@116 Unknown failure occured.

1 Like

Thanks @tteck .
This throws this error

E: Unable to locate package unzip
[ERROR] 100@116 Unknown failure occured.

Try it again now

PERFECT… It worked!
Thank you for this!

1 Like

Great … :+1: …

Im highjacking the thread, getting unkown error too. Any ideas whats going wrong?

root@proxserver:~# bash -c "$(wget -qLO - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tteck/Proxmox/main/haos_vm.sh)"
[INFO] Using 'local-lvm' for storage location.
[INFO] Container ID is 102.
 Getting URL for latest Home Assistant disk image... 
 Downloading disk image... 
[ERROR] 8@107 Unknown failure occured.

In the Proxmox web shell run

ping google.com

to see if you have internet access

Internet access works.

64 bytes from arn11s10-in-x0e.1e100.net (2a00:1450:400f:803::200e): icmp_seq=1 ttl=59 time=14.2 ms
64 bytes from arn11s10-in-x0e.1e100.net (2a00:1450:400f:803::200e): icmp_seq=2 ttl=59 time=14.7 ms
64 bytes from arn11s10-in-x0e.1e100.net (2a00:1450:400f:803::200e): icmp_seq=3 ttl=59 time=13.4 ms

Never mind, it was IPV6 setting that fucked it all up since github doesnt support it. Disabled it and the download was working.

1 Like

Hi, I do have an Intel NIUC with poroxmox that was working for years now, never a problem (Virtual Environment 6.2-4). Today the Home Assistant VM; stopped working

I have 3 VM, 2 working the 3rd Home Assiatnt VM stopped working (it would not boot). Thinking I did a problem with the size of SSD allocated to the VM (too big perhaps), I just deleted the VM, and tried again the old Whisker script

But it does nothing , in shell no answers

root@adre:~# bash -c "$(wget -qLO - https://github.com/whiskerz007/proxmox_hassos_install/raw/master/install.sh)"
root@adre:~#

and the VM is not created. I have an old version of proxmox 6.2.4. What do you suggest me to do?

The two other VM are well working but I am afraid of deleting them since I do not remember the setup,

What do you suggest me to do: start from scratch, install proxmox 7 and reinstall the 3 VM (my 2VM and this HASSOS VM?), how to backup the two old VM???

Sorry I am a bit rusted since I do not touch the system since years … but now kid of despoerate to fix my Home Assistant instanmce

whiskerz007’s scripts are no longer maintained :man_shrugging:
You can find updated scripts here

I’ve used your script before in the past and it has worked perfectly. This time however, I tried to run it on a fresh Proxmox install and go this error:

basename: error while loading shared libraries: unexpected PLT reloc type 0xac7cbe6c
[ERROR] 127@108 Unknown failure occurred.

This occurred after the image downloaded successfully. Any tips?

Can’t replicate it on my end.
Is this a fresh Proxmox install on a new/different machine?
Is Proxmox fullly updated?

It’s a fresh Proxmox 7.0 install on an Intel NUC.

Make sure to enable Virtualisation and disable Secure Boot in UEFI Bios on the NUC
Run the Proxmox VE 7 Post Install script, then update and reboot Proxmox
Once the above has been confirmed, run the Home Assistant OS VM script