Scripts not saving

yep - sorry - misread.

1 Like

This could easily be a browser cache issue.
Your browser thinks it has the most current webpage so it does not bother downloading the updated page.
Try to add ?id= after the url in your browser to force it to update the page.
Remember to change the number to a new value each time you want to force it to update.

above i noted that i tried a different browser. one i never use on ha. tried your suggestion and it did not work either.

Sounds like an issue with saving/reading the scripts then.
Do you have anything in logs regarding storage issues?

no sir. below is about all i am getting. this is running on virtual box / pc if that matters

Full logs
2022-10-29 13:00:14.348 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2022-10-29 13:00:14.349 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration blueiris which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2022-10-29 13:05:28.322 WARNING (MainThread) [aioesphomeapi.reconnect_logic] Can't connect to ESPHome API for bt-monitor-display @ 192.168.86.28: Hello timed out
2022-10-29 13:11:07.054 WARNING (MainThread) [aioesphomeapi.reconnect_logic] Can't connect to ESPHome API for bt-monitor-display @ 192.168.86.28: Hello timed out
2022-10-29 13:13:16.111 WARNING (MainThread) [aioesphomeapi.reconnect_logic] Can't connect to ESPHome API for bt-monitor-display @ 192.168.86.28: Hello timed out
2022-10-29 13:22:50.595 WARNING (MainThread) [aioesphomeapi.reconnect_logic] Can't connect to ESPHome API for bt-monitor-display @ 192.168.86.28: Hello timed out
2022-10-29 13:24:05.278 WARNING (MainThread) [aioesphomeapi.reconnect_logic] Can't connect to ESPHome API for bt-monitor-display @ 192.168.86.28: Hello timed out
2022-10-29 14:15:28.594 WARNING (MainThread) [aioesphomeapi.reconnect_logic] Can't connect to ESPHome API for bt-monitor-display @ 192.168.86.28: Hello timed out

This matters in the way that your are probably not running on an SDcard then, which are prone to storage errors. The PC can still have storage errors, but it just not as likely.
I have sadly no clue what it is then. Maybe you have not assigned enough resources to the VM.

Thanks. Not sure what that would be. I have 4GB Ram allocated and Virtaul disk is 32GB with 18.82GB actual size

ohh, actual size?
That means it is an dynamic size and needs to be resized all the time.
Try setting the size to a fixed value.

I am not sure if that is the thing, but it cost nothing to try.

1 Like

I assume this means reinstall. I don’t see where I can change that now in vbox.

make another vm and test it there first. :slight_smile:

OK it dawned on me while installing this i still cannot change that as you select the disk image that you download from ha. I loaded it anyways but oddly it isn’t binding to my interface so I only get an internal nat for IP. I might try it later but as of now I cannot get to it.

You probably need to shut down your current HA to install the new one, since they will try to reserve them ports.

yea i did that

Can you not change it once the VM is shutdown?
I know Hyper-V can do this, but I am a bit rusty on VirtualPC.

I just found a similar issue where the user had removed default_config from the configuration.yaml
default_config include script.yaml as default, so if default_config is removed and you want to keep editing scripts with the gui editor, which can only use scripts.yaml, then you need to use the command !include command for that specific file.

script: !include scripts.yaml
5 Likes

Thanks, I actually found something yesterday about HACS and caused me to check configuration.yaml and it had commented out script references. Sorry not able to access to show. I am going to try that tomorrow.

As long as it works. :slight_smile:

sure enough. i pulled it and restarted ha. looked in scripts and they are all there now.

Good to hear :slight_smile:

Works for me, thanks!