Scripts not saving

anyone have issues with scripts not saving? i keep trying to add one but when i save it, it just disappears.

After scripts are saved, all scripts are reloded. So it may seem it is not there for some time. But I saw that the behaviour is going to change in the next release, so come wednesday it’ll probably be all different anyway.

Thanks but not following you completely. Are you saying its broke until Wednesday? I assume a new update? No way to use them now I guess?

I think Wednesday is when Core 2022.11 comes out.

The script related change in response to a WTH regarding only reloading those scripts and automations that have actually been changed. …currently all scripts and automations are reloaded when a change is made. I’m not convinced that 2022.11 will solve your problem.

Are you creating this script in the UI or YAML? If UI, does clearing your cache help?

How do you know the script is not there after saving? Reloading the scripts takes quite some time, and the search seems slow to update after as well. I’m not convinced anything is broke right now.

But what I meant is, behavior is gonna change in the next release, due wednesday, as described above. So whatever is happening will be different anyway in a few days time. So even if it is a bug, there’s not much point in looking into it in 2022.10 code.

Thanks @jchh and @edwin_D
I tried both via UI GUI with visual editor and just pasting a YAML config. I just tried a totally different browser and same result. I have restarted scripts, VM and entire host. My first attempt was 2 days ago.

What I did find is that it is adding them to scripts.yaml so it is saving them but I see no way to reference them.

Anything in the logs indicating there may be an error above it that prevents further loading?

You shouldn’t edit scripts.yaml directly,

no. rebooted and found nothing. tried new script and found nothing

I did not. I said I found that IT put them there. I find no script files other than that. Looked around for a folder for scripts and did not find one. The system is doing it, not me.

yep - sorry - misread.

1 Like

This could easily be a browser cache issue.
Your browser thinks it has the most current webpage so it does not bother downloading the updated page.
Try to add ?id= after the url in your browser to force it to update the page.
Remember to change the number to a new value each time you want to force it to update.

above i noted that i tried a different browser. one i never use on ha. tried your suggestion and it did not work either.

Sounds like an issue with saving/reading the scripts then.
Do you have anything in logs regarding storage issues?

no sir. below is about all i am getting. this is running on virtual box / pc if that matters

Full logs
2022-10-29 13:00:14.348 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2022-10-29 13:00:14.349 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration blueiris which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2022-10-29 13:05:28.322 WARNING (MainThread) [aioesphomeapi.reconnect_logic] Can't connect to ESPHome API for bt-monitor-display @ 192.168.86.28: Hello timed out
2022-10-29 13:11:07.054 WARNING (MainThread) [aioesphomeapi.reconnect_logic] Can't connect to ESPHome API for bt-monitor-display @ 192.168.86.28: Hello timed out
2022-10-29 13:13:16.111 WARNING (MainThread) [aioesphomeapi.reconnect_logic] Can't connect to ESPHome API for bt-monitor-display @ 192.168.86.28: Hello timed out
2022-10-29 13:22:50.595 WARNING (MainThread) [aioesphomeapi.reconnect_logic] Can't connect to ESPHome API for bt-monitor-display @ 192.168.86.28: Hello timed out
2022-10-29 13:24:05.278 WARNING (MainThread) [aioesphomeapi.reconnect_logic] Can't connect to ESPHome API for bt-monitor-display @ 192.168.86.28: Hello timed out
2022-10-29 14:15:28.594 WARNING (MainThread) [aioesphomeapi.reconnect_logic] Can't connect to ESPHome API for bt-monitor-display @ 192.168.86.28: Hello timed out

This matters in the way that your are probably not running on an SDcard then, which are prone to storage errors. The PC can still have storage errors, but it just not as likely.
I have sadly no clue what it is then. Maybe you have not assigned enough resources to the VM.

Thanks. Not sure what that would be. I have 4GB Ram allocated and Virtaul disk is 32GB with 18.82GB actual size

ohh, actual size?
That means it is an dynamic size and needs to be resized all the time.
Try setting the size to a fixed value.

I am not sure if that is the thing, but it cost nothing to try.

1 Like

I assume this means reinstall. I don’t see where I can change that now in vbox.

make another vm and test it there first. :slight_smile: