Securing the Snake Tanks (Logic on Switch States)

I have a pair of stacked snake tanks. My lady keeps forgetting if she closed the tanks before going to work. To help with the paranoia, I decided to get 4 sets of Sonoff SNZB-04 door/window sensors. The tanks are stacked, so there is a sensor on both doors on both tanks.

My goal is to create 3 virtual entities that can be exposed to Google Assistant, so she can ask if the tanks are secured and if not, see which one isn’t closed all the way.

I figured I could combine sensors so that if all the doors were closed, the sensor would report closed and all other combinations would report open. I went thru the helpers and none of them seemed to be what I was looking for. Doing a search on here didn’t seem to point me in the right direction. I’m guessing this is a common kind of setup (checking if a group of sensors are in the same state or not, and reporting that status). I am just at a loss on where to look.

You want a group → binary sensor helper.

You could make a group for each tank (2 sensors ea) and all tanks (4 sensors).

1 Like

Well now I feel silly. For some reason, I was thinking group was just to combine controls (like all the lights in a chandelier). Thank you for the guidance.

1 Like