Securitas Direct (Verisure EU) Custom Component [TESTERS WANTED]

Can’t get it to work in France with the new Verisure app. The app itself always uses two-factor authentication (with a code sent by SMS to your phone) so I can’t see this ever being possible, sadly!

If anyone knows a way round this, please let me know.

1 Like

You can create an extra user, for example “HomeAssistant” with a very good password. And turn off the two-factor authentication. Use this user’s credentials in you home assistant instance.

Thanks. But sadly, Verisure France won’t let you turn off two factor authentication. I asked - twice - and they insist it’s impossible.

Hi
Same issue here in the uk. It was working fine for months on end. Suddenly stopped working and cannot disable the double factor authentication
Regards,

M

I’m in the UK and this stopped working suddenly over the last couple of days. Before that, it was super stable and working just fine.

Seems that there’s an authentication error “403 Client Error”. Any ideas on a fix/workaround?

1 Like

They added two way authentication and now i think we need to authorize the device for the first time.
But i don’t know how to do it at the moment :frowning:

Problem solved using the securitas integration downloaded from Hacs.

1 Like

Great news! How did you get that HACS install? I tried searching for it, but no joy. Thank you!

Thanks worked a charm for me

But I found it in HACS

Thanks! This worked great!

Prob late but is this integration still working? Tried this morning with my PT installation and when I add the sms code it gives an error “unknown error” and does nothing :frowning:

Thanks

1 Like

Hi, it seems to be working fine for me when installed through HACS and used in France, but only for a short period of time. Relatively soon after a home assistant restart, I have the below error that is triggered every minute and it looks like the integration is unable to retrieve the true state of the alarm from that point on.

2024-01-07 12:41:48.401 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/config/custom_components/securitas/alarm_control_panel.py", line 146, in async_update_status
alarm_status = await self.client.update_overview(self.installation)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/config/custom_components/securitas/__init__.py", line 395, in update_overview
token = jwt.decode(
^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/jwt/api_jwt.py", line 210, in decode
decoded = self.decode_complete(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/jwt/api_jwt.py", line 151, in decode_complete
decoded = api_jws.decode_complete(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/jwt/api_jws.py", line 198, in decode_complete
payload, signing_input, header, signature = self._load(jwt)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/jwt/api_jws.py", line 254, in _load
raise DecodeError(f"Invalid token type. Token must be a {bytes}")
jwt.exceptions.DecodeError: Invalid token type. Token must be a <class 'bytes'>

Try upgrading the integration. That problem was fixed a few versions ago.

If that doesn’t work please file an issue here: Issues · guerrerotook/securitas-direct-new-api · GitHub

Does anyone know if this works in Sweden? I am happy to be tester if helpful

Hello,
Thanks for that integration!
I manage to make it work, but only on the way HA > Verisure. However, the status never changes.
If I change the alarm status physically, it never changes too…
So I am stuck with the disarmed status on my dashboards…
Does anybody has a lead on the potential problem please? (I tried to change check alarm panel status boolean, but it didn’t help…)

It seems to be a Verisure problem…
Their app has the same issue…

In the end, it was my alarm SIM card that had a problem.
Everything is fine now!

Hi,
Did you manage to get it working?
I am also in PT and I have the very same error.
Daniel

Yes I have it working for a while. Can’t recall what I did but I believe I was adding the wrong pin. You have to add the pin they gave you when you setup your system. Hope it helps

@duquedaniel ^^