Security : whitelist AWS ip's in firewall and block anything else

If I understand correcly, AWS is basically connecting to my Home Assistant with a token, and then performing it’s actions. So I had to open Home Assistant on port 443 to get it to work. I was wondering if there is a list with IP’s that are used by the Amazon cloud platform so that I can whitelist those, and block everybody else.

I already have fail2ban in place, but still I occasionally see login attempts from foreign IP’s. I’d rather use OpenVPN myself, and only let AWS in directly.

I found a JSON file on their website here but I’m not sure what service I’m looking for.

Maybe somebody else already has a smart solution for this.

I don’t think so, but some integrations might be connected to aws. What precisely are you referring to?

You shouldn’t need to open a port though.

1 Like

In the haaska manual, it says you should enter your home assistant URL. So I assume that Alexa is connecting to Home Assistant if you give it a voice command like ‘turn on the lights’. That would make sense. I don’t think it’s polling AWS for given commands.

I am not using any cloud services, so it needs to connect directly to my Home Assistant.

Perhaps I should have seen the haaska flag in your question.

I’ll have to pass on that sorry.

1 Like