SecuritySystemCurrentState: value=0 is an invalid value

Hello there and happy new year!!!
Do you know what is this error ? I’ve not seen any problem on my home automations at the moment but I’m not a big fan of this kind of error… ^^

Logger: pyhap.characteristic
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhap/characteristic.py:138 
First occurred: 10:41:46 (2 occurrences) 
Last logged: 10:41:46

SecuritySystemCurrentState: value=0 is an invalid value.
SecuritySystemTargetState: value=0 is an invalid value.
3 Likes

same problem too

2021-01-15 18:04:51 ERROR (SyncWorker_10) [pyhap.characteristic] SecuritySystemCurrentState: value=0 is an invalid value.

2021-01-15 18:04:51 ERROR (SyncWorker_10) [pyhap.characteristic] SecuritySystemTargetState: value=0 is an invalid value.

I got the same in my logs:

2021-01-21 09:20:26 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [pyhap.characteristic] SecuritySystemCurrentState: value=0 is an invalid value.
2021-01-21 09:20:26 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [pyhap.characteristic] SecuritySystemTargetState: value=0 is an invalid value.

I’ve got an alarm system from Vanderbilt SPC (if that helps).

You’re not the only one, best I could guess is maybe the tie into alexa for their alarm?

@maaxiiimee Did you find the reason for this error? I also get this with every reboot. Thank you

I no longer see this error after modifying my homekit.yaml configuration.

Instead of including ‘alarm_control_panel’ domain, I modified it and only added alarm entity ‘alarm_control_panel_xxxx’. I don’t see this error anymore!!!

1 Like

Ho, this fix the problem for me. I just deactivate alarm on my homekit integration… Thanks.

not work for me

Hi!

Can you please provide help for this “like for dummies”? Just what code and where and how :slight_smile: Thank you! :slight_smile:

I went to Settings | Devices & Services | I then looked for HASS Bridge | Configure | Select mode and domains | at the bottom of the dialog box: Domains to include | then I de-selected the “alarm”.

I have to restart and check my logs to see if I still get the “SecuritySystemCurrentState: value=0 is an invalid value” log entry.

I have this error too, but I want the alarm panel in HomeKit. So is this a bug in HA?

I disabled the logs with this:
Since there is no real harm, I don’t want to see this error every time.

logger:
  filters:
    pyhap.characteristic:
      - "SecuritySystemCurrentState: value=0 is an invalid value."
      - "SecuritySystemTargetState: value=0 is an invalid value."
1 Like