Seeking help for Installation of Genetic X86- 64 on Toshiba nb555D laptop

Hello All,

I have been trying to install Genetic X86- 64 on Toshiba nb555D laptop for the last 3 to 4 days.

the spec of the laptop is:
AMD C Series Processor C30 – 1.2 GHz,
10.1” WSVGA LED,
4 GB DDR3,
250GB HDD S-ATA, Integrated Graphics, LAN, Realtek 802.11 bgn, Integrated Web

I tried to follow this video

the followings issue I encounter are:
1- UEFI booting- I can’t seem to find this on the laptop

2- Security booting = OFF - I can’t find that in my bios either

I was able to boot from USB “try ubuntu-20.04.4-desktop-amd64.iso”
use Balena Etcher (BE) 1.7.7 - linkux-x64.zip to burn “haos_generic-x86-64-7.4.img.xy” onto the partition as per the video.

The 3 issue is BE reach to 25% then the entire laptop froze. I did a hard power off (holding the power button until the laptop turn OFF). I unplug the USB, plug in the ethernet cable and power on the laptop.

I tried most of the comments in the comment section of the video. Any help would be greatly appreciated

It doesn’t look like it supports UEFI, so you can’t install Home Assistant OS.

If you’re comfortable with Linux (or want to learn) install Debian (11 - Bullseye) server (no UI) on it, and use the Container install method. You don’t get add-ons, but those are just software running inside a container anyway so you can usually find a Docker alternative.

See my instructions here: Install HA on old laptop without UEFI - #20 by dbrand666

TAKE 2 - I obtain a DELL latitude 3590 with i5 and 8G ram for the second built. everything install well and HA seems to work.

Here are the Issue I am getting ATM. i will itemize for the ease of discussion:

1- “node red” Add-ons, when I click on “Setting”, addon, installing node red there is an error
" Failed to install add-on ‘AddonManager.install’ blocked from execution, was unable to update plugin(s) cli and all plugins must be up to date first
if I update
-If I update the HA-OS to 9.5 and restart. when I click Add-on the screen is blank ( the add-on store button on the bottom right-hand corner is not THERE"

@dbrand666 @Tinkerer any pointer please?

No idea. I don’t run HAOS.

The about page says Operating System 8.5. I’m seeing 9.5 on mine. You mentioned upgrading to 9.5. There are many instructions in this thread at this point. Which steps did you follow? Is yours a UEFI system or did you have to install the BIOS GRUB? If you did have to install GRUB, whose steps did you follow? Did you have to customize them in any way?