Select source from Media-Control card for Monoprice 6 zone WHA

Good day all,

I wanted to post this question into the right section of the forum… I’m not really sharing the project (for now!) but I have an issue with Lovelace.

I’ve connected successfully my Monoprice WHA system with Home Assistant… I’m able to turn on/off a zone. I wish I could set the audio source directly from the Lovelace Card instead of clicking on the Three Dots and THEN selecting the input source.

This is what I have right now on my Lovelace UI (very basic Media-Control):

When I click on the Three Dots in the bottom right corner, I can set the source:
39%20PM

The best for me would be to select the source and set the volume from within the Card itself… without the additionnal clicks I have to do right now.

Any ideas? I’m totally new with Lovelace.

Thank you!

Try the mini media card. It’s installable via hacs.

Hey I didn’t know HACS! Thanks for letting me know! :wink: As for the mini media card, it looks like it could do it! It is a matter of time until I get used to it I guess… but just by reading and playing around… I’m able to do what I want to do…

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Use template switch to make buttons
You can use picture card and put buttons on that or just put switches direct in front end.

Take it one step further and the buttons can be multiple action
Change audio source>> change video source>> set volume level

2 Likes

On the other hand the sources will all be in a dropdown in mini media card.

1 Like

Thank you guys for the help! It is much appreciated! Once I have a working solution, I will be sharing it! Now I have ideas how to tackle the issue :wink: