Select Template - Not appearing in entities (Solved)

I’ve been working on creating a dropdown that auto-populates with Philips Hue Scenes. I’ve been able to get an input select helper to work with an automation for triggering the scene changes, but I really don’t want to manually add scenes to the helper and automation. A select template seemed like the right solution.

My understanding is that a select template works similarly to the select helper, but the options can be populated programmatically. Because of this, I’m assuming my new select should show up as an entity, but its nowhere to be found. I get no log errors with this configuration.yaml.

# Loads default set of integrations. Do not remove.
default_config:

# Load frontend themes from the themes folder
frontend:
  themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes

automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

template:
  - select:
    - name: Select Scene for Lounge
      unique_id: hue_selector
      state: ""
      select_option: 
        - service: hue.activate_scene
          data:
            transition: 2
          target:
            entity_id: "{{ states.scene | selectattr('name', 'eq' , option) | map(attribute='entity_id') | list | first}}"
      options: "{{states.scene | map(attribute='name') | list }}"

To demonstrate that my lists of scenes and retrieving the entity id should be working.

Following up, I am very new to Home Assistant and I made the mistake of not restarting to have my changes applied. I thought the reloading the YAML configuration would be sufficient, like it is for themes. After restarting, everything works great!