📸 Send camera snapshot notification on motion

Hi
I hope that anyone can help with this automation.
I used the blueprint with my nest doorbell.
The automation works nice when l activated manually ( from The file in blueprint ) . It send a snapshot
But when the doorbell is being pressed , nothing is happening. I get nothing!!!.

I have Nest doorbell. I don’t have a sensor as it written in the blue print. I put my camera name in this felt.
I don’t know if this is the reason for this problem ? But can’t find another sensor to put in this felt ( in the blue print)
I hope that anyone with nest doorbell can help. Thank you in advance ::slightly_smiling_face:

This is a screen shot of the blueprint in my automation

If I look here, they should all support ‘Chime

So I guess you need to set up he Smart Device Management API and Google’s Cloud Pubsub to efficiently listen for changes in device state or other events.

Thank you. I will have a look into this document

Hey,
playing with this automation I get a smaller snapshot as a picture than what the camera is showing by default.
To compare here is the snap I get:

while my camera is showing:

I am using a Netatmo Presence. Pretty sure that this is a configuration thing just have no clues where to search … Any hints ?

After I looked in the google nest document and making som research.
I could create a binary sensor ( doorbell button) and motion sensor from a yaml file.

But when I try the blueprint to make it work with my nest doorbell, I can’t find the trigger sensor in the field of binary sensor. I have to write it by my self. But it didn’t help with activation / trigger the automation.
I can see these created binary sensors under developer / entities , but I can’t find in the blueprint (it shows no entity exists)
So I think that I am still missing to find the right trigger in this automation.

I have previously created automation that play a streaming video on my Samsung tv when the doorbell bell is pressed,
I think the right trigger could be by using trigger when doorbell is pressed as I didn’t in my automation.
Like it showing in this example:

The automation that I created is like this:

‘“id: ‘1676488941748’
alias: Door cam
description: ‘’
trigger:

• platform: device
    device_id: ae9616dff9ab2b7e3dc9b96a4822cf62
    domain: nest
    type: doorbell_chime
    condition: []
    action:
  • service: media_player.play_media
    target:
    entity_id: media_player.living_room_tv
    data:
    media_content_id: media-source://camera/camera.front_camera
    media_content_type: application/vnd.apple.mpegurl
    metadata:
    title: null
    thumbnail: /api/camera_proxy/camera.front_camera
    media_class: video
    children_media_class: null
    navigateIds:
    - {}
    - media_content_type: app
    media_content_id: media-source://camera
    mode: single “”

It’s working fine.

My question is: how can I combine the trigger in my automation with the blueprint to make it work.
As I said before this blueprint works fine when I activate it manually from the file. But nothing happened when doorbell is pressed.

Thank in advance for any help.

@Ihek That is because this blueprint only checks for devices in the domain class🤔

Try this one, it accepts any binary sensor :wink:

Hi.
This is the same blueprint I used. And the problem is the same.
The trigger sensor is not available

And when I enter the name of the sensor I get the message malformed :missing binary sensor.

@Ihek

Can you show me the device data shown under the devices&services?

Should look something like this:

Because it looks like the device did not create a sensor…
Maybe you have to create one using the devices attributes with a template, something like

template:
  - binary_sensor:
      - name: Doorbell Pushed
        state: >
          {{ is_state("nest.mydevice", "pushed") }}

PS please use the code button, so it will be properly formatted…

This is the cam info

And these are the two sensor were created by yaml.

This is the config.

remove the line

device_class: door

:wink:

I think I give up🤔.
I removed the line. Device class door.

Nothing changed.
I will try find out with other automation. I hope someone with nest doorbell already did it.
I already get a notification and live stream to my phone through nest app
But I want this automation through home assistant to be able to combine it with other scenes.

When you open the dropdown list…does it show any binary sensor at all??

PS: Did you restart HA after you added the binary sensors ??

No . It doesn’t show any entity. ( no matching entities found) under push button
I can see drop down list when choosing the cam, but not with push button.

I restarted HA many times after adding binary sensors.

Then i can only advice you to check your logs, because it should show all binary sensors in your system, and apparently, none has registered on you system…

getting notification on iOS are somewhat not useful as you can barely see the screenshot image (it’s way too small and if you by accident clicked on the notification you are missing the one time opp to see it). I was thinking if there is any possible way to send those alert notification to WhatsApp (with the new API way)? then you will have history, a way to re-look at the screenshot. much better than device notification.

I’m getting
Error: offset should be format ‘HH:MM’, ‘HH:MM:SS’ or ‘HH:MM:SS.F’

what to do now?

Set the slider “Delay (Optional)” to 1

1 Like

Is it possible to add a time when the notifications should be sended (activ)? For example i don’t want to get a notification in the night when there is an animal, or heavy rain with wind, so the motion got detected.
But I want a notification when a person is detected in the night (I have already 3 motion sensors for that , but I can’t implement the time in the Blueprint)

So how can I do this? Thanks to all!

Edit: Ok i solved it with another automation that set on or off the others for the time I want, works well!

Hello all,

I get the notification on iphone, but when i click it it goes to home assistant app but dont open the snapshot.
What is missing?

push and keep pushed until pops up