Send notification once a week

Eg my HP printer ink is getting low, in this case I would like to receive a notification. Easy going, this works fine.

What I would now like to have is the next notification after one week.

At the moment I do not have an idea on which time base the notification (or better the automation) is triggered again.

Use an alert with a repeat of 10080 minutes.

Thanks for this, sounds good. Unfortunately, my alert below doesn’t work. I’ve the alert available in dashboard as well as an entity but not change in dashboard if I change the state as well as no log entries.

Might it be due to " To setup the alert integration, first, you must setup a notification integration"?

As some notifications, eg to the companion app, are working fine I’ve no idea what to do in this case.

alert:
    gato:
        name: Garage ist offen
        done_message: wieder zu
        entity_id: binary_sensor.garagentor_3
        state: "on"
        repeat: 3
        #can_acknoledge: true
        skip_first: false
        notifiers: 
        - Spatzis Moto

May be it helps someone later:
if notifiers are not configured propably (eg. Spatzis Moto is not a know service) there will be entries in core’s logfile like
“homeassistant.exceptions.ServiceNotFound: Unable to find service notify.spatzis moto”

Due to this, alert status in dashboard will also not change.

Solution: configure notifier correct, eg.

notifiers: 
        - mobile_app_motorola_one_vision_spatzi

But it’s definetly not required to have a “notify:” section in configuration.yaml. I found this a little bit confusing in alert documentation.