Send notifications to ios from two different home assistant installs on the same network

Hi all,

Background:
im migrating my old ha install to a new pi. It has been running for years and is slow and full of stuf i dont need so i decided to start from scratch on a new raspberry pi. Thants all good.

I have a lot of essential automations (heating, cooling, alarm, lights etc) that I need to re-write (move some from node-red to yaml) and it will take some time to do.

I can see my new install as an integration in my old install.

Question:
I want to recieve notifications from both my installs while I slowly migrate.

I know it is not possible to connect two ha installs to the same ios app - but is it possible to send notifications from the new install to ios via the old install?

Br peter

Just an alternative (not an answer to your question), but you can consider-

1. Native HA iOS App for old HA install
  2. Telegram notification for new HA install

Hi Ardy,

Good suggestion.

I have started to wonder if it was possible to use the old install as a ‘relay’ so I could send notifications from the new install via mqtt, catch them with the old install and send them to my phone via HA iOS app? Maybe via node-red.

That way I could have two installs running in a permanent setup - that would help a lot with my proclivity towards experimenting without understanding, as my way of developing my home automation :wink:

I will try to look at telegram as a workaround.

br
Peter

I do manage 3 different HA instances and I get app notifications from all of them.
I use HACS integration Remote Home-Assistant which allow you to link more instances to the main one from where you manage the notification automations.
Set up process is very simple and straightforward.
Hope this might help

1 Like

Hi andriy7811,

just what I was looking for, thanks for that. (good to know that it is possible).

As I wrote I can see my now install in my old install as an integration - just like u suggest. But I cannot figure out how to set it up. Do have any suggestions of where to find a guide or more info.

br
Peter

Hi, I have followed the repository guidelines.
However this is how I set it up in configuration.yaml
consider I’m on https, this might be slightly different if you’re not

remote_homeassistant:
  instances:
  - host: #YOUR HOST HERE
    port: 443
    secure: true
    verify_ssl: true
    access_token: #TOKEN GENERATED FROM SECONDARY HA INSTANCE
    entity_prefix: "pdl_" #ANY PREFIX YOU’D LIKE TO USE TO RECOGNIZE CONNECTED ENTITIES
    include:
     domains: 
      - sensor
      - switch
      - group
      - vacuum
      - camera
      - media_player

Once set it up the process is quite straightforward and your secondary instances just appear in your main HA with the prefix you choose and you can manage them like they were in the main HA instance

Hi andriy7811,

Thanks to your input I got it working - now I can send messages from my new install via the old install.

This opens up for many new possibilities.

br
Peter