Sending app alert when there is a new Notification in the sidebar Notifications?

Hi,

I tried to search the forum but couldn’t find an answer. I have an integration (Simplisafe) that frequently (every couple of days) requires Reconfiguration.
HA displays a notification on the sidebar’s Notifications area. But it can take hours before I open HA and see it, and in the meantime the automations that rely on this integration stop working.

Is there any way to configure an app notification (call service notify.notify) every time there is a new notification made available by HA?

Thank you!

1 Like

In an automation use a state trigger on any of the simplesafe sensors changing to: unavailable. Or maybe unknown. Next time it happens check the state of the sensors in developer tools / states.

Thank you @tom_l this is a great idea. I will check the state next time it happens.

I would still love to get an app alert / email every time HA puts something in the sidebar Notifications, would be nice for any other type of notification HA wants me to know about.

Ignore the bit about data_template:, that is no longer true. Just use data:.

Thank you so much @tom_l

Does this still work for everyone? It doesn’t for me (the service event is not triggered) and I’m wondering if this change is the reason:

https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/57157

Instead, you now appear to get a “persistent_notifications_updated” event but I don’t see anything in the event data that contains the message text, which I need for the push notification.

@MikeMcr I think it stopped working for me as well.