Sengled Zigbee Bulbs

I am new to Hass.io coming from smartthings and am slowly getting the grasp of it. I have 2 questions.

I was able to add my sengled element plus bulbs which have adjustable temp and brightness but when added to home assistant only the brightness is adjustable. Is there a way to add a slider to adjust the temp?

Everytime I turn on the lights they turn on at the last brightness level. Is there a way to set a default brightness? So everytime I don’t specify a level it will default to what I set.

I’m having the same issue w/regards to not being able to control the temp from the UI. I can however change the temperature by specifying it as a parameter when turning on the light via a service call. Looks like the issue is somewhere between the ZigBee implementation and the front end.

you can use Kelvin or color_temp as a parameter

color_temp
Color temperature for the light in mireds.
kelvin
Color temperature for the light in Kelvin.

When I first added my sengled bulbs, they were a bright, soft white color. If I reset the bulb, they restore back to that color. But if I change the bulb to any other color, I can never get back to the same soft white color or brightness.

Does anyone know the default settings for this bulb, and how I can have an automation reset the bulb back to the default colors? What does the yaml look like to do that? I run an automation to turn on several of these bulbs at sunset. I would like to reset the bulbs each night back to default.

Did you ever find an answer? If not, reset a bulb then go to your profile and enable Advanced Mode then go to Developer Tools then open your entity you should see the default settings of the bulb. Save those settings somewhere or save the bulb setting in a new Scene.

You can then create a Scene where all of the bulbs you want to be changed are included and then edit the scene in your scenes.yaml in so all of the bulbs have the same default settings.

Or reset all of the bulbs you want to have the default color in a scene and then create a scene.

Then create an Automation that uses that Scene as the Action.

1 Like

I’ll give that a try. Thank you for your help!

Okay, a reset bulb has the following

effect_list:
  - colorloop
brightness: 253
is_deconz_group: false
friendly_name: Living Room
icon: 'mdi:lamp'
supported_features: 61

Here is a bulb that has not been reset:

effect_list:
  - colorloop
brightness: 254
hs_color:
rgb_color:
xy_color:
friendly_name: Family Room
icon: 'mdi:floor-lamp'

And this is the Scene that I created that did not work to reset the bulbs:

- id: '1609708486431'
  name: Reset Bulbs
  entities:
    light.guest:
      effect_list:
      - colorloop
      brightness: 255
      friendly_name: Guest
      icon: mdi:lamp
      state: 'on'
    light.addys_room:
      effect_list:
      - colorloop
      friendly_name: Addy's Room
    light.elies_room:
      effect_list:
      - colorloop
      friendly_name: Elie's Room
    light.family_room:
      effect_list:
      - colorloop
      friendly_name: Family Room
      icon: mdi:floor-lamp
    light.living_room:
      effect_list:
      - colorloop
      friendly_name: Living Room

Can you tell me what am I doing wrong? Thank you!

I have no idea if you are doing anything wrong. You must have a Zigbee setup different than mine. I am using a Sengled Multicolor Bulb and a HUSBZB-1 controller through the ZHA Zigbeee integration. My bulb has a color temp option but yours doesn’t. Maybe your issue is the same as the one at https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/24143 You should also see all of the other options you see before a reset, such as hs_color and rgb_color, after you reset a bulb.

I had a bulb that wouldn’t always change colors with a group I had it in so I just replaced it until I can figure out why. Before making changes I looked at the settings under States in Developer Tools. Before doing that I had reset a bulb and it had different settings but I wasn’t sure if HA retained old info so I tried the replacement just to see if there was a difference and there was. I suspect the settings from the brand new bulb are the settings that you are looking for.

min_mireds: 154
max_mireds: 500
brightness: 254
color_temp: 370
hs_color:
rgb_color:
xy_color:
off_brightness: null
friendly_name: Lamp
supported_features: 59

I accidentally didn’t quote you on the previous post. Not sure if you would get the notification or not so quoting you now so you do for sure.