Sense Component Broken in .82

… anyone else having this issue?

Yes, there’s a couple issues.

1. Configuration changed but documentation hasn’t been updated - you now specify only email, password, and timeout.
  2. timeout is supposed to be optional but for now you have to include it in your configuration (default is 5 so I would start with that)

I have already submitted a PR which it looks like will be included in 0.82.1.

I’ve installed 82.1 and still not working. Also, tried adding timeout: 5 and that didn’t work either. Ideas?

What does your configuration look like and what’s in the logs?

Very basic … just trying to get it running again:

sensor:
platform: sense
email: [email protected]
password: XXXX
timeout: 5
monitored_conditions:
- active_usage
- active_production

It says
Invalid config
The following components and platforms could not be set up:

Please check your config.

But then I check the configuration and it says configuration valid.

So as I said:

Try removing monitored_conditions

No change ;-(

Then I have no idea without logs.

2018-11-15 14:36:54 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component sense
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Users/server/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 148, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config) # type: ignore
File “/usr/local/Cellar/python/3.7.0/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/Users/server/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/sense.py”, line 39, in setup
username = config[DOMAIN][CONF_EMAIL]
KeyError: ‘sense’
2018-11-15 14:36:54 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of sensor.sense. Setup failed for dependencies: sense
2018-11-15 14:36:55 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform sensor.sense: Could not set up all dependencies.

Sorry, didn’t pay close enough attention to your configuration. In addition to the other changes, sense is now a “component” rather than a “platform” so the configuration is no longer under sensor. It should be something like in configuration.yaml:

sense:
  email: !secret sense_email
  password: !secret sense_password

I’m working on a pull request to update the documentation now.

Lol … you rock dude! That did it :wink:

Side note, it is now showing all 10 data points AND information for every device that Sense has identified in my house. Can I still use monitored_conditions to limit the data pulled to the two that I want (ie - just Active Energy Production and Active Energy Usage?

Also, does this mean that I can no longer use the Homekit component to route that data to my Apple Home app?

Nope, looks like you’ll have to just hide the entities you don’t care about.

Not sure what you mean by this, you should be able to do everything you were able to do in the previous versions of the official component with the addition of the new binary sensors.