Sensor for Well Pressure Tank

I have this 119 gallon pressurized water tank in my well pump system, and I’d like to be able to monitor the pressure on the tank.

I have a very similar setup to this with a brass T pipe coming off of it, and a 3/4 inch analogue gauge. I was hoping to find a digital sensor that could replace the analogue gauge so I don’t have to run out to the well house to monitor it. Any options out there?

I’d use a pressure sensor such as this or this and connect it to an ESP running ESPhome. Have a hunt on AliExpress for one that properly suits your pressure and pipe size requirements.

1 Like

Awesome. I was hoping for something a little more “off the shelf” but this is a great DIY solution.

I recently installed the pressure monitor system on my tank, here’s the brief write-up. I figured it might be useful for someone else: GitHub - galets/wellmon: Well water tank pressure monitor for Home Assistant

1 Like

This is beautiful. I’m ordering the parts this weekend.

@RayHollister not sure if you already ordered everything; the sensor I recommended failed very fast. Letting you know in case you have not ordered yet. I will be replacing it with the same one, so that I don’t have to rewire the box, but feel that a fair warning should be made

If anybody else follows this project, please chip in your experiences here: Need to review recommendation for pressure sensor · Issue #1 · galets/wellmon · GitHub