💡 Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time - Light Control - Device Tracker - Night Lights

Hi, just wanna give you a hand and say what a fine blueprint with so many options. I have 1 question, dunno if you can help me achieve it @Blacky.

I’m trying this blueprint with my Aqara fp2, i have multiple zones, 1 zone i want that the lights go on if the zone(motion) is occupied for like 10 seconds, so the condition is that the motion trigger needs to be at least 10seconds active before the automation can proceed to execute. You have any idea how i can achieve this with you blueprint?

Many thanks in advance!

@Peke

You will have to create a template sensor with a delay on for your motion sensor. Then use it in the trigger. The template example is for a camera but it works the same to what your are trying to do. Click Here

Blacky :smiley:

FWIW: I actually still have the same problem with night light scenes not activating from the automation even though using scripts that activate the exact same scene does work. This is only in the night light flow, although I don’t seem to use scenes in most other places anyway (just scripts). Certainly not a showstopper by any means. I’m just adding this to the thread in case it appears that the original report was considered dead. I’m fine with using the script.

@ronverstappen

Hi Ron, have your enabled the crossing over options?

Is there anyway to have the lights stay on (or at its current state) when the automation ends?

@sombody88

Can you explain what you are doing and why you would like that as my other blueprint may be better suited for you.

:high_brightness: Smart Light - Entity - Sun Elevation - Ambient & Time Triggers

I was about to edit but you respond quickly!

I am using your dynamic lighting to adjust the light levels in the room based on the lux value between a certain timeframe. However, once the automation ends, I want to keep the lights at its current state.

The bypass is not useful as it would pause the automation which is not something I would desire.

I could also see this option useful in saying chaining multiple of your blueprints for more complex lighting situation.

PS. Sorry if the option is already there and I may have missed it.

@sombody88

When the automation ends it turns the lights OFF unless you pause the automation but that’s something you don’t want to do. So you will have to turn the light ON manually when the automation ends. If you are using a time frame then you can use the smart light BP to turn it on at the same end time.

Gotcha. Thanks again for the help and great blueprint! I’m still learning the ropes of it but it is pretty comprehensive!

1 Like

Thanks for that, helped me a lot and seems to have been working fine for the last 2 days :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

1 Like

@Blacky Sorry to persist, but could explain the differences between the two? thanks

Hi @Blacky , still loving your automations. Using four of them on a regular basis and cannot think of how life has been before :smiley:

Quick question if this is feasible before I order any more contact sensors: when using the toilet, sometimes the light goes off because I do not move soon enough for the motion sensor to keep the automation running (I know - bad habit to take your phone to the restroom with you :stuck_out_tongue: ). I do notvwantbto change delays or anything as the settings work very well in general when I use the bathroom.

Now, to keep the lights on while using the toilet, I thought about adding contact sensors to the lid of the toilet and somehow add the sensors state (via a helper) to the automation to keep the lights from going off.

However, I am not quite sure if I can just use the „Bypass Switch - Turn Lights ON“? I also use a helper for bedtime as „Bypass Switch - Turn Lights OFF“ which prevents the lights from turning on when this helper is active.

I akso looked to use your blueprint „Closet, Pantry, and Cupboard Lighting“ but there is no illumination option for a motion sensor which would mean every time I open the lid, the lights would turn on, meaning also when it is bright enough in the first place (except for when the bedtime helper is active of course).

So long story short: How can I keep the lights on while using the toilet without compromising the comfort of my current setting?

Thank you so much!

Is it possible to have the time delay stored in a input_number? I tried using time_delay: {{ states('input_number.bevegelse_timer_gang') }} with and without casting it to float.

@Blacky No, I don’t have those enabled.

Hello,

thanks for this BP, it is extremely practical and complete.
I have searched but not yet found how to have a random delay in a range for SUN.
example: I would like the lights to turn on randomly at sunset in a 30-minute range. This way, we can simulate our presence without the lights always turning on or off at the same time. Is it in the BP? If not, how can I do it?
Thanks

Can you please give me a hand?

I am trying to implement the following situation with your blueprints Smart Lights and Sensor Light:

• From a certain level of darkness (sun elevation), garden lighting should be switched on to 10% brightness. The lighting should be switched off again at a certain time. That alone is super easy with Smart Lights. Thank you very much.

• But: When someone walks through the garden, the lighting should be dimmed up from 10% to 100%. After a few minutes back to 10%.

• Here I have the problem that Sensor Light switches off the lighting (no matter where).

Does this work with your blueprints, which is what I intend to do?

Thank you for your support.

Hi! Love the automation, however I just cannot get the lux controlled brightness to work properly. My lights are always way too dim and they even turn on during the day when I’m certain the lux levels are above my configured threshold.

For example, this is my current config:

alias: "Lights "
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/sensor-light.yaml
  input:
    motion_trigger:
      - binary_sensor.aanwezigheid_woonkamer
    light_switch:
      entity_id:
        - light.led_raam_achter_l
        - light.hue_white_lamp_1
        - light.led_raam_achter_r
        - light.led_raam_voor_l
        - light.led_raam_voor_r
        - (etc)
    time_delay: 2
    include_light_control:
      - use_transition
    light_transition_on: 5
    light_transition_off: 30
    include_dynamic_lighting: enable_sun_elevation_colour_lux_brightness
    dynamic_lighting_lux_sensor: sensor.hue_motion_sensor_2_licht
    dynamic_lighting_min_lux: 40
    dynamic_lighting_min_colour_temp: 2000
    dynamic_lighting_max_lux: 100
    motion_bypass_lights_on: []
    night_lights_conditions: []
    dynamic_lighting_dead_zone: 5
    dynamic_lighting_boolean: input_boolean.woonkamer_dynamic_lightning_toggle_helper
    dynamic_lighting_heartbeat: 0.25
    dynamic_lighting_max_brightness: 100
    dynamic_lighting_step_value: 1

The currently reported lux level by the configured sensor is 0. According to my Apple Home app, the lights are turned on with a brightness of just 8%. If I understand it correctly, they should be set to 100%, as the current light level is below the minimum of 40 lux? Is there anything I’ve misunderstood in the configuration?

The Sensor Light works with a motion sensor and will be turned ON and OFF based on it with a time delay.

The Smart Light works with 4 different triggers no time delay it will just turn ON and OFF.

Use case

Sensor Light. Walk into an room or area and your light come on with motion and then will be turned OFF when no motion is detected. Has time delays so your light don’t turn OFF when you are still in the room. It is very different to the Smart Light BP.

Smart Light: Turns light ON ad a set trigger and OFF on a set trigger. I have lamps come on every night at sunset and OFF at a set time regardless if someone is there or not.

Hope this helps you.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words I really appreciate it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yes, your correct it wont work well but I have something you will love and it is easy.

If you have a door contact sensor, consider placing it on your bathroom door rather than on the toilet. This way, it can work in conjunction with your motion sensor. I developed a template sensor I call :honeybee: Bee in the Hive :honeybee:, once it detects you’re in the bathroom, it keeps the light on, even if you’re sitting still, until you open the door. The template sensor can handle it and be repurposed for other needs too. Once you have your template sensor add it to the trigger grouped with your motion sensor.

Here is the link for the How To, click here I think your going to love it.

Let us know how you go.

1 Like

@ronverstappen

Hi Ron,

Try using it and also when using scenes make sure you have your helpers added in too.