Hi Blacky,
First off, thanks for all the work on this blueprint — I’ve been using it for years.
I think I’ve found a bug in the bypass release logic (motion_bypass_lights_stop, trigger t8_stop) in v8.7. I’m using this in combination with the Sensor Light Add-On (movie mode), following your documented integration pattern exactly (♾ Sensor Light Add On - Media & Movie Lights - House Alarm Lights - Smoke Alarm Lights & Exhaust Fans + More - #4 by Blacky).
Setup:
include_bypass:bypass_enabled_stoponlymotion_bypass_lights_stop:input_boolean.automat_link_film(the Add-On’s automation link helper)bypass_time_delay:5(minutes) — matches my maintime_delay(also 5), per your recommendation- Auto OFF for this bypass: not enabled, per your recommendation
motion_trigger: a group of 4 motion/occupancy sensors,binary_sensor.bevaegelse_2_sal
Expected behavior (per the blueprint code):
When motion_bypass_lights_stop goes from on to off (trigger t8_stop) and the motion trigger is already off, the code goes into the “By-pass is turned off & check if the motion trigger is off” branch, which does:
delay: minutes: !input bypass_time_delay
before turning the lights off. With bypass_time_delay: 5, I’d expect a 5-minute wait before the lights turn off.
Actual behavior:
The lights turn off within milliseconds of the bypass releasing — no 5-minute delay at all.
Log evidence (times in local CEST):
19:56:41— media player (movie) goes tooff19:57:13.374—input_boolean.automat_link_filmgoeson→off(this is the Add-On’sautomation_link_time_delayof 0.5 min after the media player stopped)19:57:13.506to19:57:13.825— all four stue lights (light.floss_standerlampe,light.tecnolumen_hojre,light.tecnolumen_venstre,light.floss_gulvlampe) turnoff, logged as “triggered by state of input_boolean.automat_link_film” viaautomation.sensor_light_stue
That’s a ~130ms–450ms gap, not 5 minutes.
Confirmed the motion trigger really was off at that moment (not a sensor flakiness issue): binary_sensor.bevaegelse_2_sal was continuously on from well before the movie started until 20:27:46 — so actually the trigger’s motion state condition itself seems to have evaluated incorrectly too, since the “motion is off” branch appears to have fired despite the group sensor showing on throughout.
So there seem to be two possible issues, either of which would explain what I saw:
- The
motion_triggerstate check in thet8_stopcondition branching (off vs. on) isn’t reading the live/current state correctly, and/or - The
bypass_time_delaywait is being skipped or bypassed somewhere in that sequence.
Happy to share the full automation trace (JSON) if that helps debug it — just let me know. Thanks again for maintaining this, it’s an incredibly capable blueprint.
Best regards