Now you can add any Binary Sensors you like as the trigger, sometimes the blueprint will not function correctly when you have more than one motion sensor or binary sensor selected.
With the new presence sensors and even contact/door sensors you could have a scenario that the light will turn OFF and stay OFF even though the presence sensor has a ON state.
Sometimes you are just having problems with 2 or more motion sensor or binary sensor selected and it is just driving you crazy.
If you follow these steps you just may resolve your problems.
ADD A GROUP HELPER
- Go to Settings / Devices & Services / click on the “Helpers” tab / click “+ CREATE HELPER” and select “Group”.
- Select Binary sensor group.
- Then enter a name, in this example we put “Sensor Light - Front Door - Group”. Then select your “Members” or entities (all of them that will be in the blueprint automation). Keep “Hide Members” and “All Entities” toggles OFF as shown below.
- Then go back into the automation and in the “Trigger Sensor - Binary Sensors" selection search for the name (Group) you just created in this case “Sensor Light - Front Door - Group” and select it. Now only have one item selected here. If you would like to add more or remove some entities you will have to go back into the helper and edit it (see below)
- Now just go through the blueprint and click save. Hopefully you should have resolved your problems.
If you need to edit the Helper. Go back to Settings / Devices & Services / click on the “Helpers” tab / click the helper you would like to edit, in this case “Sensor Light - Front Door - Group”. Click on the cogged wheel.
Then select “Group Options”
You will then see your entities. Edit as required.
Back to FAQ: Click Here