💡 Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time - Light Control - Device Tracker - Night Lights

As long as the button has a ON & a OFF state for the by-pass it will work.

No problem at all, happy to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

No problem at all, let us know how you go. :slightly_smiling_face:

I tested version 2.0 with the Lux option set to “YES”, but I have the feeling that it didn’t bring any improvement.

@fakorte Can you please confirm if you are just using only scenes? (no individual light selection) If so I will do a FAQ for this on how to resolve it.

@fakorte I will do a FAQ for the LUX option. This will also help if someone is having a similar problem. It will be my next post.

FAQ - Ambient Light Sensor & Site Conditions

If you have only selected scenes in the “Lights - Switches - Scenes” or in “Night Lights” then continue to read. If you have selected an entity in “Lights - Switches - Scenes” or when using “Night Lights” you have an entity selected then it should work.

Sometime when setting the “Ambient Light Sensor - Site Conditions” to “YES” it doesn’t keep the lights ON and appears that this option isn’t doing anything. This can happen when you haven’t selected an entity in the “Lights - Switches - Scenes” or in "Night Lights when using this option.

The easiest way to resolve this is to add just one light or switch (entity) from your scene to the “Lights - Switches - Scenes” or into “Night Lights” when using this option. If it is a scene then do not remove the lights from your scene, just add one light or switch (an entity) again separately to the automation. The scene should still adjust the lights to your liking. If you have a light in your scene that has no special settings (brightness, colour, effect etc) then it is best to add that light separately.

Below show the scene added to the automation. In the scene, it has many lights, all with different settings.

Below shows the same scene added. It also shows one light form the scene added separately. This is how it should look like.

Now you will find that your selection “YES” in the “Ambient Light Sensor - Site Conditions” will work and function correctly.

PS: The “YES - My Ambient Light Sensor is affected by the Lights” option need just one entity added into “Lights - Switches - Scenes” and or “Night Lights” when using this option. An entity will provide the ON / OFF state to the automation so it can function correctly. Scenes do not have an ON / OFF state and is the reason why we need to enter in an entity :wink:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

Back to FAQ: Click Here

Back to “The Settings & Best Practice Guidelines” Click Here

1 Like

Thank you very much, that looks very helpful I will test it soon. I really only had scenes in my automation

No problem, your welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, great blueprint thanks!

Is it possible to adapt this for check to see if known people are at home?

I have pets and they’re forever triggering these types of things, so I need a way to stop this from running if no-one is at home. I have the zone.home to check against as well as a person group.

I tried it with a scene and a single device (that is also in the scene) and it still doesn’t work… :triumph:

alias: Sensor light Kueche Nacht
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/sensor-light.yaml
  input:
    motion_trigger:
      - binary_sensor.zb_ms_kueche_occupancy
    light_switch:
      entity_id:
        - scene.szene_sensor_light_kueche_nacht
      device_id: 648d94f5811833b627d23b8da05897a5
    end_scenes:
      - scene.szene_sensor_light_kueche_aus
    time_delay: 2
    ambient_light_sensor: sensor.zb_ms_kueche_illuminance_lux
    ambient_light_value: 4
    motion_bypass: input_boolean.dauerlicht_kuche
    include_bypass: bypass_enabled
    include_ambient: ambient_enabled
    after_time: "21:00:00"
    before_time: "06:00:00"
    include_time: time_enabled
    ambient_light_options: ambient_light_option_enabled

@fakorte So close :slightly_smiling_face: It can’t be a device. It must be a entity with a ON / OFF state. This is what we are looking for. Drill into the device and just add the entity your turning ON and OFF or just select a separate light or switch.

@romprod I will PM you.

New update 2.1

Happy New Year Everyone! :champagne:

In this release I have added a few more options that I hope you will like.

NEW OPTIONS

• Added a option for “Light Control”. This allows you to set a brightness level for your lights.
  • Added a option for “Zone - Device Tracker”. This can be useful if you have pets triggering the trigger sensor turning your lights ON and OFF when no one is home.
  • Added a option for “Night Lights”. It is normally used for having lower softer lights come ON when going to the bathroom at night.

Enjoy

2 Likes

hi, for some reason i cant select a room, device or entity to turn on the lights. Keeps saying nothing found.

hope you can help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there any easy way to implement the following:

• This blueprint would NOT turn on the scene/light IF this scene/light was already ON.

Too many times I’ve had the issue that I’ve lowered the brightness of a light manually and it would get back to the preset on the scene after movement is detected.

Any easy fix for this?

This is a bug in New update Home Assistant 2023.1.0

Hopefully you did a back-up before you updated. If so go back to your back-up.

I have reported it to HA as a bug :bug:

1 Like

Not sure what your saying here. If light is ON and the scene gets turned ON then the light is ON.

Yes this is correct and how it should work. If you trigger the motion sensor again it will reset the scene adjusting your lights if you change them. Maybe if it is brightness you looking for then use the new update V2.2 (just about to be releases) and don’t use brightness in the automation. You then will have manual control over brightness.

New update 2.2

Fixed a bug in night lights flickering on trigger. :+1:

Enjoy

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately I’m pretty new to HA and I’m changing a lot daily. So no backup. Patience is key here i guess.

Hope to use your great blueprint soon!

@sdeboer84 If you are keen then you can try this.

Find out your “entity ID” you would like to use. Go to, Settings / Devices & Services, click on top tab “Entities”. Find it there.

Open the blueprint, click on 3 dots top right, and “edit in YAML”. You should see something like this.

alias: Sensor Light
use_blueprint:

For “Lights - Switches - Scenes *” enter from “input” and change your entity_id. I put 3 entities in there for the example (you will need to change them) but add or remove as required.

use_blueprint:
  input:
    light_switch:
      entity_id:
        - light.change_to_your_entity
        - switch.change_to_your_entity
        - scene.change_to_your_entity

For “Night Lights” it will be similar, see below

use_blueprint:
  input:
    light_switch:
      entity_id:
    night_lights:
      entity_id:

Now click 3 dots top right and select “Edit in visual editor”

Hopefully you see your lights now :crossed_fingers:

Fill out the rest.

Not sure if it will work because I don’t know what HA did but be assured the blueprint works.

2 Likes