Server restarts after power failure but not Home Assistant

Hi everyone, i have a server with home assistant OS installed, i’ve noticed that when a power failure happens the PC restarts when power is back on (i can ear the disk working and all the fans) but I can’t connect to Home Assistant via the web interface. To make it work i have to turn off the pc, and turn it on again.
Does anyone know if the problem is with my PC or could be some Home Assistant OS setting?
Thanks.

Probably the PC.
I have seen the behavior on several of HP desktop models, which starts up in a buggy way after a power failure.
The hardware seems to be doing boot up stuff, like powering up fans, checking for a disc in the DVD drive and the discs spins up, but there is no picture and no bios beeps.

Check for a BIOS update for the PC?

Removing not used parts like the DVD drive and looking into some BIOS settings could solve the issue? Or i directly check for a BIOS update?

If it is like the HP issue, then no.
The “error” with HP desktops seems to be in the power supply and the machine does never reach bios post when the issue occur.
I am not even sure it is an error, since it has been on most, if not all models, from HP the last 9 years.

No, it’s Dell

I have a similar problem but mine is DNS related. I run my own DNS server, and if I have a power outage or reboot, because I run the DNS server (OPNSense Firewall) and Home Assistant on a proxmox VM… if the DNS server has not restarted and Home assistant restarted first I cannot access the UI at all. Home assistant needs the DNS server. Maybe that helps.

Most hypervisors have a setting to delay start of VMs, which could make sure that the DNS was online before HA is started up.

Attach a monitor to the server and see what the output says.

Totally correct…in my tired state I forgot to say that is how I fixed it…in proxmox I start Home Assistant a good few minutes after my firewall (DNS) restarts…