Service notify.mobile_app slow on Android

I recently got a new android phone and it seems that the notifications are delayd with the call service. On my iphone i got the notifications almost directly but with the android app it seems a little bit delayed, sometime minutes.

Other apps like outlook/facebook/etc are direct

Can i fix this ?

Tried setting HA to not to never sleep but it is not in the list to pick :frowning:

Here… on my Mi 9 … same problem!
If i use Telegram or pushbullet … was instantly.

@ - never sleep option was already turn off :confused:

Indeed . I am also using Telegram now

Yap… I was “forced” to return to Telegram :confused:
I need instant notifications.

I set HA to not sleep but it still happens sometims messages are near instant other times its up to 10 mins delayed.

Hey all, try the trick with ttl:0 & priority: high

3 Likes

I’m also having issues with delayed HA notifications. I’m on a Samsung S8. Sometimes notifications will come through just fine with the screen off and the phone sitting on the table. Other times, I have to wake the phone up (turn the screen on) by pushing the side button and then all the notifications come through as a dump. I’ve enabled ttl and priority in the configuration.yaml file. Here is my below snippet that of that file:

- alias: "driveway notfication"
    trigger:
      platform: mqtt
      topic: frigate/events
    condition: 
      - "{{ trigger.payload_json['after']['label'] == 'person' }}"
      - "{{ ( as_timestamp(now()) - as_timestamp(state_attr('automation.driveway_notfication', 'last_triggered')) |int(0) ) > 45 }}"
    action:
      - service: notify.mobile_app_sm_g950u
        data_template:
          message: 'A {{trigger.payload_json["after"]["label"]}} was detected in the driveway.'
          data:
            image: 'http://10.200.200.65:8123/api/frigate/notifications/{{trigger.payload_json["after"]["id"]}}.jpg?format=android'
            tag: '{{trigger.payload_json["after"]["id"]}}'
            data:
              ttl: 0
              priority: high

Perhaps I have ttl and priority in the wrong place?? Its very frustrating that this is a problem.

1 Like

hey HA noob here. the lag on notifications to my Pixel drove me nuts. Thanks for the pointer to Telegram - while I agree, the built-in mechanism should just work. I have to admit, Telegram does look like a powerful platform!

1 Like

I was having the same problem. You have an extra “data” field. It should be like this:

action:
      - service: notify.mobile_app_sm_g950u
        data_template:
          message: 'A {{trigger.payload_json["after"]["label"]}} was detected in the driveway.'
          data:
            ttl: 0
            priority: high
            image: 'http://10.200.200.65:8123/api/frigate/notifications/{{trigger.payload_json["after"]["id"]}}.jpg?format=android'
            tag: '{{trigger.payload_json["after"]["id"]}}'

source: https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/notifications/critical-notifications/

1 Like

I have the below configs but still not getting the notification

alias: Beams Armed
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.beams
    to: armed_away
condition: []
action:
  - service: notify.mobile_app_s20_ultra
    data: