Set tolerance in generic_thermostat in automation

Hello!
Is it possible to set tolerance value in generic_thermostat using automation? When I try to achive that I got error.

configuration.yaml:

automation:
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.command_sensor
  action:
    service: climate.set_temperature
    data_template:
      temperature: '{{ states.sensor.command_sensor_2.state }}'
      tolerance: '{{ states.sensor.command_sensor_2.state }}'

log:

17-02-08 07:34:21 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: service_data=temperature=22.5, tolerance=22.5, service=set_temperature, service_call_id=139897467919272-1, domain=climate>
17-02-08 07:34:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Invalid service data for climate.set_temperature: extra keys not allowed @ data['tolerance']. Got '22.5'

It looks like runtime setting of tolerance is not currently supported for any climate component, but I might be wrong…

Out of curiosity, why would you set tolerance to the current temp?

The tolerance can only be sat in the config

I’m working on some university project that I described in - [1]. I will look if providing service for tolerance settings in automation is easily doable. If so I’ll implement it.

[1] - Self learning thermostat

Hello,
Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but I was wondering since 2017 this feature has been enabled ?

to answer the question, why do I need this ?
I use a pellet stove and during the evening, I have a cold tolerance of 1.5°C degree because I need the living room temp to be between 19°C and 20.5°C

But during the day, I’d like to set the temp to 17°C, and 1.5°C of cold tolerance is way to much I’d like to set it to something like 0.3°C.

Right now, I’m using an automation to overide the thermostat, so based on my desired cold_temperature (16,7 instead of 15,5) I turn the generic_thermostat to ON, and set the HVAC_mode to HEAT.

But I was wondering if there was another solution, to limit the number of automation.

thx a lot

Still not possible use tolerance in generic_thermostat?