Set up a new pi with ssd, restored from backup z-wave not working

I’ve been wanting to move from the sd card in my pi5 to a ssd so I bought another pi5 and put the raspberry ssd hat on it. Made sure I had a good pi and let it run for a week.

Today, I downloaded the pi5 image of HA from raspberry (13.1) on to the ssd and put the memory in the new pi. Fired it up attached to a monitor and I saw I had a system.

Next step is I restored from a backup made moments after. Took a little while but HA looked fine other than some Wiz bulbs needed a power cycle.

Then I looked at my z-wave thermostats. Unavailable. :frowning:

For both z-wave and zigbee I’m usinjg a HUSBZ-1 (QuickStick Combo). Zigbee works fine. If I unplug the unit I see in the log for the quickstick that it went unavailable so HA knows it is out there.

I see devices listed but they are all unavailable. I’ve changed ports, power cycled, ect, I just don’t have any zwave devices that are working.

Decided to unplug the new pi and put the old pi back in service. Now zwave isn’t working on that one.

Ideas on how to proceed welcome.

Edit

Decided to install the zwave js that is most current ( 7.2) to see what would happen. My devices are working again now.

A few days ago I upgraded zwave js 7.1 and had to revert to 6.x to get things going then I tried the 7.1 again and it worked. Restoring from backup and a cold start seems to have triggered whatever issue that is in 7.1 .

Hopefully this is understandable, I’m up past my bed time.