Setting static Internal IP address

Hi

I have a RPi3 and recently changed to HASSIO.

I am having issues where the RPi is changing the internal IP address which it is being assigned by my router.

I am using an Archer D7 TP Link router.

I have set the MAC address of my RPi3 to have a reserved IP under the address reservation option in the LAN Settings in my router.

Despite this it keeps changing the internal IP address which is playing havoc with my duckdns set up. (not to mention the hour I wasted trying to trouble shoot my configuration which I thought I corrupted - but turned out to be a change in the IP Address)

Any other suggestions on how to make the RPi demand a fixed IP from my router? Not sure how to do that with HASSIO

https://docs.resin.io/deployment/network/2.0.0/

You can specify IP manually

[ipv4]
address1=10.0.0.1
dns=8.8.8.8;8.8.4.4;
dns-search=
method=manual

If you’re planning to use your hassio box as a custom dns, put it as first dns entry

Thanks for the link

Do you have a preferred program to mount the IMG file?

You won’t need mount img again. Just put your current hassio SD card into your laptop/PC and you should be able to see boot partition.

I’m having a similar issue. This solution seems doable, but I cannot seem to mount resin-boot with WRITE permission.

I’m having the same issue and read the docs on setting IP with resin. I’m using a RPi2 connected to a virgin media horizon box. I’ve had similar problems with another RPi on the same router that I’m using as an AirPrint server. Essentially, the RPi and the DHCP on the router do not work well together and the Pi somehow assigns itself an IP outside the DHCP range. The other Pi is running raspbian jessie, so I set the IP manually in the OS and it now works.

For my hassio setup, I found the connections folder and the resin-sample file. I should mention that I’m using ethernet, not wifi. I couldn’t exactly figure out exactly what file to create or edit, but I made a copy of resin-sample and edited it like this:

[connection]
id=resin-sample
type=wifi

[wifi]
hidden=true
mode=infrastructure
ssid=My_Wifi_Ssid

[wifi-security]
auth-alg=open
key-mgmt=wpa-psk
psk=super_secret_wifi_password

[connection]
id=my-ethernet
type=ethernet
interface-name=eth0
permissions=
secondaries=

[ethernet]
mac-address-blacklist=

[ipv4]
address1=192.168.192.83/24,192.168.192.1
dns=8.8.8.8;8.8.4.4;
dns-search=
method=manual

[ipv6]
addr-gen-mode=stable-privacy
dns-search=
method=auto

I tried naming the file resin-sample and resin-wifi but neither one seems to have any impact. I still get an IP way outside the DHCP range.

What am I missing?

thx

Did anyone get this working?

@ro-76 :

For my hassio setup, I found the connections folder and the resin-sample file.

Where did you find that please?

i need a static ip at my hassio, I have added this:

[ipv4]
method=manual
address=192.168.178.208/24,192.168.178.1
dns=192.168.178.1;8.8.4.4;

to \network\my-network on the sd-car

once after installation and once before, in both cases it still uses dhcp

I found three links

/network/my-network

|
–> https://github.com/home-assistant/hassos/blob/dev/Documentation/network.md
\CONFIG\network\my-network

|
--> https://developer.gnome.org/NetworkManager/stable/nm-settings.html

https://www.balena.io/docs/reference/OS/network/2.x/
/system-connections/resin-boot

i am a bit confused, i did not find any /system-connections/resin-boot on the sd card in the boot section

I agree, it is confusing!

ResinOS is no longer the OS for Hass.io. The developers of Hass.io have created their own home baked OS called HassOS. This is why “/system-connections/resin-boot” does not exist in your SD card.

You should use the USB stick based CONFIG as specified in the current Hass.io install guide. After you reboot your Pi with the USB installed, you can remove the USB drive and the settings will persist. FYI, also a good idea to add your authorized-keys file to the CONFIG USB stick so you can SSH into the Pi.